Bamboo queen excluder

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mackem

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
I've just bought a national hive that has a queen excluder made from bamboo on a pine frame. There doesn't seem to be much Bee space either side. Any thoughts, should I replace it with a metal one or not bother

The first QX I had were the slotted metal ones, which had no frames and thus no bee space at all. They did the job though (kept the Q out of the supers).

I have a Chinese bamboo queen excluder... it hangs on the wall as it is a Work of Art... as much use as a chocolate teapot in beekeepering !!!:icon_204-2::icon_204-2::icon_204-2:

Now where did I put that big bag or barbecue sticks :)

If you find the queen in the super then throw it away, or send it to finman as a Christmas present!

If you find the queen in the super then throw it away, or send it to finman as a Christmas present!

Sounds fine. I clean berries with excluder. I frozen the berries and then wild blueberries are easy to clean. I can wait up to Cristhmas.

Perhaps I can get cheap bambu excluders directly from Thailanders, when berry pickes come to Finland.

Last edited:
Sounds fine. I clean berries with excluder. I frozen the berries and then wild blueberries are easy to clean. I can wait up to Cristhmas.

Perhaps I can get cheap bambu excluders directly from Thailanders, when berry pickes come to Finland.

:hurray:not worthy:winner1st:

Back