Badger Cull

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
me and my mates used to have a badger cull every saturday night at the local night clubs,didnt make one bit of difference.
there's every bit as many if not more badgers around now than ever.:)
it was great practice though and set us up well for bigger game later in life.
Darren.

me and my mates used to have a badger cull every saturday night at the local night clubs,didnt make one bit of difference.
Darren.

I speak redneck but this is a different dialect :sifone:

Darren.

:iagree:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrpgKGFfeKE&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrpgKGFfeKE&feature=related[/ame]

Saturday night in the 70's - any other Skynyrd fans out there?

I love badgers. They are cute and cuddly and when they eat my strawberries and destroy my cloches and crash through the fences I reinforce to prevent their entry, I just laugh.

So what if they lead to a few thousand cows having to be slaughtered? It would be far better to see the UK dairy industry go bust, see the French supply our milk and the price in the shops double. We don't need cows# in the UK. Let others grow our milk to standards set without any input from us.

Badgers should be protected properly: every motorway and major and minor roads should have badger underpasses so badgers can cross safely - preferably at 1/2 mile intervals. Motorists who kill badgers should be jailed.

As for people who cull badgers, legally or illegally, prison is too good for them. Bring back the cat.

# Without cows less water pollution due to cow manure is an added bonus. The pastures previously grassed over for cows can be resown as natural flower meadows for bees.

:)

ha i was wondering when someone was going to come out with this sort of discussion view point,

whilst i can not agree or disagree with those statements, may i offer another side to the discussion

as it were the opposite views

badgers are not cute and cuddly they are quite aggressive, have extreamly powerfull claws and sharp teeth, they mainly eat meat as carnavors, so dont think they scrat around looking for worms, they are also very parshal to rabbit leverits and have been seen many times digging out and eating them.

would you also describe a wolf as cute and furry or a lion or a fox, the same sort of points also count, but would you want to be stood in a field of cute lions on your own, lol

the badger population as a whole has exploded in the last twenty years, and that is the only reason why i regaurd the cull as needed, because of the protection they do already recieve there are no preditors of them in the uk apart from food and weather and there fore no controls to there rate of expantion, an expansion that neither the countryside or its animals can afford much longer

to be able to fence all the roads in the uk with a badger proof fence would cost billions and the up keep alone would also cost billions, so do i want to pay 45% tax to protect what i dont like the answer is no, never, the idea as a whole is great , it just fails on the practical side.
most dead badgers seen on the roads are normally pups and its a natural selection process in my ideas

many thanks for the people who mentioned the deer cull, its great to be able to have the full facts infront of one so the discussion can contionue, so deer are being controlled, now what about shooting all the ferel cats, instead of or part of the badger, maybe two cats are worth one badger, lol

ha i was wondering when someone was going to come out with this sort of discussion view point,

whilst i can not agree or disagree with those statements, may i offer another side to the discussion

as it were the opposite views

badgers are not cute and cuddly they are quite aggressive, have extreamly powerfull claws and sharp teeth, they mainly eat meat as carnavors, so dont think they scrat around looking for worms, they are also very parshal to rabbit leverits and have been seen many times digging out and eating them.

would you also describe a wolf as cute and furry or a lion or a fox, the same sort of points also count, but would you want to be stood in a field of cute lions on your own, lol

the badger population as a whole has exploded in the last twenty years, and that is the only reason why i regaurd the cull as needed, because of the protection they do already recieve there are no preditors of them in the uk apart from food and weather and there fore no controls to there rate of expantion, an expansion that neither the countryside or its animals can afford much longer

to be able to fence all the roads in the uk with a badger proof fence would cost billions and the up keep alone would also cost billions, so do i want to pay 45% tax to protect what i dont like the answer is no, never, the idea as a whole is great , it just fails on the practical side.
most dead badgers seen on the roads are normally pups and its a natural selection process in my ideas

many thanks for the people who mentioned the deer cull, its great to be able to have the full facts infront of one so the discussion can contionue, so deer are being controlled, now what about shooting all the ferel cats, instead of or part of the badger, maybe two cats are worth one badger, lol

The need to find a common enemy is usually magnified in a recession. Those badgers are dangerous - it may be prudent to break out the armoury.

whilst i can not agree or disagree with those statements, may i offer another side to the discussion , lol

You missed the smiley at the end. I was being ironic.. (and failed dismally)

As the great sage Baldrick pointed out .

' Irony is like Goldey and Bronzey , its just made out of Iron '.

G

what i do persoanlly belive in is that the badger population as a whole is very inflated and very out of proportion to what i would expect it to be.
the same can be said for many other animals, rabbits, mink, cats, certain deer. yet we are not culling those aswell,

The human population is very inflated and out of proportion too.

You missed the smiley at the end. I was being ironic.. (and failed dismally)

sorry. i missed off by accidentnot worthy

to be brutally honest i am not fussed at all about the badger cull, i just like to see both sides of a discussion aired rather than a one sided rant from a person,

i used too think badgers were cute untill i meet one, then i changed my views of them very sharpish

sorry. i missed off by accidentnot worthy

to be brutally honest i am not fussed at all about the badger cull, i just like to see both sides of a discussion aired rather than a one sided rant from a person,

i used too think badgers were cute untill i meet one, then i changed my views of them very sharpish

No skin off my nose..

Nothing worng with badgers..

that a good culling won't cure.:rolleyes:

Freebird......Classic.

Thank you brother - its good to know there's still the odd lost soul with good taste out there. :cool:

This is probably too much to ask ..... for maximum respect - anyone still sporting a genuine no holds barred mullet?

Latest posts

Back