B B K A Yearbook

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh get a life, :judge: its only a reference book for info for relevant people on the Divisional committees.... I prefer to put my energies into getting healthy bees and good out apiaries.. much more important.
I don't think me asking whether such a tome is necessary in this day and age means I have no life Heather...

1. Most do these days. Or have friends/a library with access.
2. Agreed but any book is out-of-date the moment it's published
3. Yeah but couldn't the same info be put on the website?
4. But it could be put on the website, couldn't it?

Hi

It would seem that you have made your mind up already - but I will respond to your points.

1. I am not sure that going to a friends or a libary is a satisfactory was to access the information. You would need to print it out and take it home. Bit like having a printed yearbook!
2. Not really. Officers of most Branches/Divisions and County associations appoint officers once a year. There might be some changes due to death, moving or resignation. Probably not significant. BBKA constitution and functions of BBKA committees don't change.
3. Sorry - you missed the point. The information is on the website but the yearbook collects it together into one document. This is what makes it useful for County/Branch/Division Officers.
4. Yes it could - but some of the contact information is only needed by officers.

In another post you said
Personally I don't want to contact anyone
so why all the fuss about it? You also said
I am just trying to understand the logic of producing a yearbook and sending it out to a just a few people in the Country
I think that several people have explained this already in this thread.

yes, a fuss about NOTHING.

Its a directory of numbers for 3 people per Division who may find numbers to another Division in another part of the country useful. I used it when I was entitled to one. Job done.
And there are many 'older' beekeepers who dont want or have internet access- so dont be presumptive and selfish.

But maybe no more responses, hey, we just feed the initial post....taediosus

Last edited:
Heather - this is a forum where one can respond without needing your permission. Loving the Greek spelling of 'tedious'!

Here's the thing. I was just ascertaining why this is produced. For some reason a posh book is designed, sponsored, printed and couriered around the country. The current one is missing details so you'll note that I missed out 'proof read'.
I take your points about lack of internet from some and I also understand that it could be useful.
So why could it not be a word document instead of the not cheap cost of all this design and printing? Emailed out to those on email. Posted in an envelope to those without access.
It's our subscription money that is being spent on this - perhaps some money could be saved by having a less-lavish document? Hopefully me asking this doesn't make me sound 'selfish' or 'presumptious'!!!

Here's the thing. I was just ascertaining why this is produced.
I think that previous postings to this thread have answered this.
So why could it not be a word document instead of the not cheap cost of all this design and printing?
Better if it was a pdf document.
Emailed out to those on email. Posted in an envelope to those without access.
I think that most current receipients would prefer it on paper.
It's our subscription money that is being spent on this - perhaps some money could be saved by having a less-lavish document?
I think there are other ways that the BBKA could save money.

I think there are other ways that the BBKA could save money.
How?

chutalot - please stop dissecting my posts - if you're happy for the BBKA to spend money willey nilley then that's fine - me I'd rather it was spent on the majority rather than on posh documents like this.

taediosus - Latin..this post tedious.

careful Region 2 recently reappearing as new person O St John.. people may get fed up with you again

o.stjohn has made his mind up and is 'not for turning'.
Really - so far no-one of any standing within the Year Book process has responded with a justification for this document to be as lavish as it currently is - I get the impression that you are just arguing for the sake of arguing and Heather is just being plain rude as usual...

I have been asked to close this thread,by a member who has not posted in the thread..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back