Autumn/Winter treament

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
Number of Hives
None of my own
Having earlier in the year become the proud owner of a vaporiser, I have been thinking that I may forgo the thymol treatment this year, and instead give them two blasts of oxalic before the winter.

Flack jacket ready, and I suspect I'm missing something - any reason why not?

I now only use thymol for putting in the syrup ie Hivemaker's?

I would just stick to Oxalic :)

Last edited:
I know. Sorry I didn't make that point clearer for you.

I mean you no offence.

Last edited by a moderator:
Having earlier in the year become the proud owner of a vaporiser, I have been thinking that I may forgo the thymol treatment this year, and instead give them two blasts of oxalic before the winter.

Three
Five days apart

None at all - that's what I'll be doing

I now only use thymol for putting in the syrup ie Hivemaker's?

I would just stick to Oxalic :)

:iagree:

Three
Five days apart

:iagree:, covers the whole brood cycle then.

As for Torsten the troll witted, got the wrong end of the stick as usual. Must be a high level of methanol in the mix this season!

I think the thymol in the syrup began with R Manley etc
The initial purpose was just to stop the syrup getting mouldy waiting to go on the hives
If you expect a few weeks of reasonable day temps apilife var is the least time consuming to apply

Sent from my LIFETAB_S1034X using Tapatalk

I see that the well known beekeeping supplier that has branch sales this time of year has a vaporiser for sale at £30 in their sale.

:thanks:Thanks all, yes it was the varroa thymol treatment I was referring to rather than the anti-nosema. Thanks also for the timings which are now noted erichalfbee - do I get the impression that mantra has been posted many times before? :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back