Ashes in Australia

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How do you survive???

Easy. When we skipped it we needed a new telly (and recorder?). We agreed, as there was nothing on terrestrial, we would have to go satellite as well. We looked back at the previous year and added up all the 'meaningful' (as in watching, not just on in the background/news/etc telly we had actually watched. It came to about 4 hours. So we skipped it and have never looked back.

Until this last year, we had far too much going on to sit around watching a goggle-box. We can still listen to the news on the radio, have music/chat in the background from the radio, we can listen to our CDs and more recently I-phone and shuffle, etc. We can quietly read books, etc etc., so no immediate plans to replace the telly, even now.

Regards, RAB

Team selection

So Ms Warne not been selected :) but Johnson and Hilfenhaus are back - confused or what :willy_nilly:

And who's going to be in for Broad? - Tremlett??

So Ms Warne not been selected :) but Johnson and Hilfenhaus are back - confused or what :willy_nilly:

And who's going to be in for Broad? - Tremlett??

Delighted to see Johnson back as will all the English batsmen.

Tremlett will be favourite but I think they may go for Bresnan, they will need a workhorse running into the Freemantle Doctor

Bresnan has managed to get one wicket in the match at MCG, but Tremlett has been more economical.

How do you survive???

Easy. When we skipped it we needed a new telly (and recorder?). We agreed, as there was nothing on terrestrial, we would have to go satellite as well. We looked back at the previous year and added up all the 'meaningful' (as in watching, not just on in the background/news/etc telly we had actually watched. It came to about 4 hours. So we skipped it and have never looked back.

Until this last year, we had far too much going on to sit around watching a goggle-box. We can still listen to the news on the radio, have music/chat in the background from the radio, we can listen to our CDs and more recently I-phone and shuffle, etc. We can quietly read books, etc etc., so no immediate plans to replace the telly, even now.

Regards, RAB

Twelve months ago ?,
look out for the licensing Authority . they refuse to believe anyone these days is without television !
An oppo of mine has been subjected to a bombardment of threatening mail for over 2 years . They refuse to believe that the address to which they are referring has no television set . The premises is empty (he is living with his parents whilst leisurely going a major make over ) No amount of correspondence both mail and telephone will convince them ! In their eyes, they've seen it all before and are going to take' steps'..
Best of luck LOL.

John Wilkinson

Twelve months ago ?,
look out for the licensing Authority . they refuse to believe anyone these days is without television !
An oppo of mine has been subjected to a bombardment of threatening mail for over 2 years . They refuse to believe that the address to which they are referring has no television set . The premises is empty (he is living with his parents whilst leisurely going a major make over ) No amount of correspondence both mail and telephone will convince them ! In their eyes, they've seen it all before and are going to take' steps'..
Best of luck LOL.

Yep, we have an empty house too and every 3 months we get a letter to that effect. We started off reminding them whenever we received one that the property is empty, but the letters seem so accusing that we have now got fed up with it and don't bother. They can send someone round if they like. It will be their time that they are wasting not mine.

Twelve months ago ?,

No, more than 5 years ago. Possibly 8.

I used to just ignore them (the letters). I would have asked for their warrant had they come looking while I was in! They duly arrived one day, while I was out, and introduced them selves to my wife. As she was loading the car, just getting ready to go out, she told them to go in and look for themselves, if they must, as there was no telly to find. They said she looked/sounded honest enough, turned round and left. Not seen them since.

Spent the three(?) grand +, saved, on something better than a goggle box.

Regards, RAB

nearly everything is available via torrents now anyway. no need for a tv these days.

Third test

Seconds out - Round 3! :sport-smiley-002:

Anyone going to stay up for the start of play??

No late night but will set the alarm early and hoping to get a good few hours listening to the radio before end of play

England have opened the Paxo :hurray:

Just glad I am not nest to that trumpet player though. :ack2:

Latest posts

Back