Apiguard

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whats your source for this? OA killing brood since when? OAV at least does not harm the brood.

There are 3 ways go use oxalic acid
1) trickling (Sugar water solution)
2 ) spray water solution to each see of frames, 1-3%
3) fuming/ heating

Clear to yourself how to use them. I have explained methods tens of times to this forum. Read from EU varroa group reports. 10 years ago.

I don't have enough data for a really firm conclusion, but I have had really good luck with Apiguard. I had nosema this year EXCEPT in the colony I treated with Apiguard. I will be using it on all my full-sized colonies this year.

I don't have enough data for a really firm conclusion, but I have had really good luck with Apiguard. I had nosema this year EXCEPT in the colony I treated with Apiguard. I will be using it on all my full-sized colonies this year.

Thymol gasification does not prevent nosema. Thymol has been used at least over 50 with bees.

Pure black magic.

Does the apiguard tin fit in between brood boxes ??

Not unless you use a hammer.

http://www.vita-europe.com/wp-content/uploads/Apiguard.pdf

See Vita’s leaflet. If you are using Apiguard in trays: peel back the lid of the tray and place, gel side up on top of the brood frames. Make sure to leave enough space for the bees to get into the tray (use a spacer [an eke] or, more preferably an empty super on top of the brood chamber). Close the hive. After 2 weeks repeat with a second tray and leave in place for 2 – 4 weeks.

if you're on double brood - put it on the top bars of the top box - the'fumigation' claim is a bit of a red herring, it works two ways as the bees hate it, they bees try to get it out of the hive ASAP, by passing it from bee to bee (so it will get in their mouths) By putting it as far away from the entrance as possible it gets to every corner of the hive and in contact with every bee

Essential is that you treat the hive, before the bees rear wintering bees.

If you treat the bees which form the winter cluster, mites have sucked them allready more of less.

Last edited:
My friend has saved thymol pads. He has put one box dosage into 2-box hives. Results are sad.

My mite situation is so bad now, that I must do AS from hives. So I get broodless hives and I polish the mites away 95% with one treatment. I use oxalic trickling in that.

Last edited:
My friend has saved thymol pads. He has put one box dosage into 2-box hives. Results are sad.

My mite situation is so bad now, that I must do AS from hives. So I get broodless hives and I polish the mites away 95% with one treatment. I use oxalic trickling in that.

Why not Formic acid? Temps?

Latest posts

Back