Anything Else I need to do before Winter Sets in?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sir Quej

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
3 (hopefully)
OK, so I have three colonies at the moment. All three have been:

Treated
Fed syrup for the last 4-5 weeks
All Supers removed
Queen Excluders Removed
Insulation in the roof space
Mouse guards on

I have some fondant on the ready, just in case and I'm intending to put straps on them later to secure them but was just wondering if there was anything else I needed to do to see them into winter?

Cheers

Buy a good book and settle in for the winter "discussions" which will open shortly.

Cold way versus warm way, an old old favourite this one been discussed for over 100 years.

Beet versus Cane. Another stock in trade argument.

How many angels on the point of a pin?

Life after death.

Add your own...........

PH *yawns*

Buy a good book and settle in for the winter "discussions" which will open shortly.

Cold way versus warm way, an old old favourite this one been discussed for over 100 years.

Beet versus Cane. Another stock in trade argument.

How many angels on the point of a pin?

Life after death.

Add your own...........

PH *yawns*

Oxalic Acid, to do or not to do...:reddevil:

Treated

Was it successful?

Fed syrup for the last 4-5 weeks

That needs explaining deeper than that. Stores levels might be a bett.er yard-stick.

All Supers removed
Queen Excluders Removed

Clearly(?) the list is not in any order?

I'm not finished until all the right questions are answered.

Treatment didnt produce a massive mite drop to be honest but there were no previous signs that I had a problem so I have put the small mite drop down to that. I had previously done the the drone test (pulling out some drone comb and checking the cells/pupa and this had shown nothing at all.

Stores look good and plentyful. I fed as an extra precaution and they stopped taking it before I stopped giving it so I'm confident they have enough.

Yes, you are correct Oliver90owner, the list wasnt in any particular order.

Latest posts

Back