Anyone got their own website

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I run a blog, but cant post the link as i suppose its commercial. www.beesinbrittany. -------- (d...ding item! Its the only way i can type it lol

Last edited:
this website has a --------... if you were into such things, seems like a logical place to put it.

I don't blog, twit or facebook myself. Rather be out with the bees, or preparing for the oncoming season.

this website has a --------... if you were into such things, seems like a logical place to put it.

I don't blog, twit or facebook myself. Rather be out with the bees, or preparing for the oncoming season.

:) I guess advertising the tab at the top of this website is still advertising!

A Word of Caution

You need to be a little circumspect about this. There is an excellent sticky on this forum that refers to the relationship between beekeeping and Income Tax. You have to try to ensure you do not have any "badges of trade".

One of these badges is: Having a business organisation
If you have a distinctive business name, design a logo or have a website then you are more likely to be trading than if you are operating under your own name

So, if you are an amateur and don't won't any Badges of Trade, thus avoiding the possibility of HMRC getting interested, avoid having your own beekeeping website.

CVB

Anyone else have a Website ? Blog ?

Yep, got a blog called hivemindandme hosted on blogger (--------), it documents my progress/errors from no bees to many bees and includes some local bee related things. It's a bit typo heavy but averages 30 readers a day and more when I actually post a new article on it. It has a banner use to link to my eBay items when I have bee products on there.

I also have a Facebook page Hull Bees which doesn't see much use but is handy for advertising my products to people who may be interested in buying them but aren't necessarily interested in reading me waffle about bees.

In process of setting up a website for my Honey ( to start with ).

Anyone else have a Website ? Blog ?

Yep, built it myself and turned out decent. You can use free website templates from website building sites and can get them hosted for as little as 4euro a month.

Reserurecting this auld Chestnut, anyone progressed on with their planned sites.

I revamped mine completely, need to update the "Shop" section but not too worried as demand outstrips supply. Fairly pleased with the outcome, any others ?

leinsterhoney.ie if anyone interested :)

Reserurecting this auld Chestnut, anyone progressed on with their planned sites.

I revamped mine completely, need to update the "Shop" section but not too worried as demand outstrips supply. Fairly pleased with the outcome, any others ?

leinsterhoney.ie if anyone interested :)

I have just now taken a look, seems to me to be quite a decent website. It is current and gets the message across quite well.

You'd probably do better through FB, Brian. Not that I'm a fan, I don't have an account but my daughter and son in law conduct their business through FB.

:iagree:
I don't use FB or Twatter but my wife does. We used to have a website but rarely did any business through it and closed it down. We have a business FB account and do far more business through it for very little outlay.
S

I'm just starting to build a web site, seems my mind goes a bit blank ,once I start trying to build it though. It's called, Island honey bees . Don't look for it though as it's not active, so nothing will show up.

There allot of work to setup but I can put quite a large amount of direct sales down to my site. It's always under development in some way shape of form though.

There is some really good open source software that's available to use out there. With some basic web knowledge most should be able to install and update the site.

The site is only a small part of the job though you need card payments, postage and you also might want to use things good AdWords.

I don't know if my site can be published but it's happyvalleyhoney.co.uk

I'm enjoying looking at others sites, it's giving me ideas : )

Back