Anyone got their own website

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes.

Domains are about to go up so if you buy one then 'buy it' for several years.

I don't like uk2.net
I use 1and1 for domains and hosting, but also have some domains with fasthosts.

For uk sales get a .co.uk domain. Don't waste money on the domainswith.fancyothernewendingsastheyaresilly

Promote via a facebook page (quite a lot of people concentrate on their FB pages these days) and twitter.

You'd probably do better through FB, Brian. Not that I'm a fan, I don't have an account but my daughter and son in law conduct their business through FB.

In my case .IE

Do yu have a site ? if so what is URL ?

Cheers . Brian.

This is one of mine.
http://www.housecritic.co.uk/

Admin: feel free to remove it as it earns me a few pence a month so it technically a commercial enterprise.

I use it to indulge my desire of moving to the country and having a big house and lots of acres of land for bees.

I have a site, but I can't post it as it's commercial.

A linked facebook page helps too, however ours was hacked and we lost all the content.

Anybody care to post some links so can peruse same ...

I'm sure there are several who would like to, but are not allowed because of forum the rules, some even are completely starred out.

I run a small business selling tomato and pepper seedlings via my website. Update your website regularly, at least a few times a year so customers see something new when they return. If a special new item is available, put it on the front page with a description. Be sure to include some files to read with helpful hints, recipes, tips and tricks, etc. Some visitors want to see pretty pictures, others like to read about what you are doing.

If you need some assistance with setting up a home page, I can perhaps suggest some things that help. For example, on my front page, I have a pic of a huge tomato sliced with a bite out of it. That picture sells more plants for me than any other thing on my website.

Here is the URL, if this in any way violates terms of service, moderator please remove it. Please note that I can't ship plants to the UK so there is no commercial incentive.

http://www.selectedplants.com/

if you have a personal web site you can download a product that is free for personal use but have to pay for commercial sites its called webceo and will get your site in the top ten pages on the internet

Don't have a website these days but have had a simple blog these past few years. Not used to sell honey but more of a self indulgent pass time.

Second post! Yes we got one, did post it up here its only about bees, beekeeping and honey facts but was removed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back