Anyone else doing the uni round?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

B+.

Queen Bee
Beekeeping Sponsor
BeeKeeping Supporter
Reaction score
Hive Type
Langstroth
Number of Hives
Quite a few
I just got home from Plymouth after driving south yesterday I wondered if anyone else is looking at university places with their kids? He's already looked at Swansea and wants to look at the course at Cardiff next weekend
My son is looking at Healthcare Science degree courses that focus on infectious diseases (microbiology/parasitology/immunology/elc)

Looking from the out side, Swansea University's new buildings and housing accommodation is very impressive indeed. If you happen to be in the area drop me a line

Good luck B+
I got off scot free. Daughter decided where she wanted to go and applied only there. Lots of stuff available by way of reviews on the internet now which helps I'm sure

Last edited:
Looking from the out side, Swansea University's new buildings and housing accommodation is very impressive indeed. If you happen to be in the area drop me a line
Thanks Redwood. Its been an exhausting couple of days.
My wife took him to the Swansea Uni open day a couple of weeks ago. They were very impressed with the uni but he didn't feel that course offered enough microbiology for him.
He is very impressed with the research they're doing at Plymouth. At the moment, I think he is torn between Plymouth and Cardiff Met

Good luck B+
I got off scot free. Daughter decided where she wanted to go and applied only there. Lots of stuff available by way of reviews on the internet now which helps I'm sure

I've noticed that a few unis have "virtual tours" of the campus which is a good idea....I still think you gain a lot from going to see the facilities and talking to current students though

we left at 6:20am yesterday for the long drive to Plymouth, arrived at the uni about 1pm and had an interesting afternoon touring the facilities.
We did an overnight at Exeter then hit the road to come home after breakfast this morning. It was a very long drive!

I just got home from Plymouth after driving south yesterday I wondered if anyone else is looking at university places with their kids? He's already looked at Swansea and wants to look at the course at Cardiff next weekend
My son is looking at Healthcare Science degree courses that focus on infectious diseases (microbiology/parasitology/immunology/elc)

Have a word with Karol - his daughter started at Cardiff this year I believe - doing what I do not know though.
Cardiff have done some sterling work with their anti microbial honey projects though :)

Last edited:
Daughter started at Aston in September.

It's 15 min drive from her mother but she's chosen to live in the halls.
:party:

Moving away from her mother was something I did >14 years ago, it's good to see them finding their own direction! :winner1st:

Last edited:
God, I couldn't bear to live with folks when I was at uni. I moved 400 miles away :)
Needs must now though I suppose

Needs must now though I suppose

I would rather he stayed at home but there are only about 8 universities in the country that offer the mix of subjects he wants to study. He'll get the HCPC registration / lab licence along the way if he does one of these courses because of the embedded training they get in a hospital lab. On some courses, they have to do this separately.
I just hope he passes the interview and gets the grades to do the course now.

Last edited:
In my day you took yourself to look at Uni. I think I visited 8 all over Britain by train and bus.
Settled on Sheffield. Loved it.
Cazza

In my day you took yourself to look at Uni.

Times change Cazza. There isn't the bus / train service that there used to be (at least not around here). We drove 488 miles just to look at one course and will have to do it again if he is called for an interview.

I've been told that I got the date wrong. Cardiff Mets' open day isn't until the weekend after next, so I can take a break next weekend :)

I would rather he stayed at home but there are only about 8 universities in the country that offer the mix of subjects he wants to study. He'll get the HCPC registration / lab licence along the way if he does one of these courses because of the embedded training they get in a hospital lab. On some courses, they have to do this separately.
I just hope he passes the interview and gets the grades to do the course now.
Fingers crossed. He'll be fine

He doesn't want to be a bee farmer?

My daughter is doing bio science at Cardiff uni and loves it.

Latest posts

Back