Any Ubuntu experts?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thats a great idea but i am unable to do it , work gets in the way every time.

as for not being able to do it, plank here can not get to the base programe when you tell it to boot off the cd player at all it just goes straight into windoze which is why i decided not to go there any more, if i cant do the basics i ant got any chance with the more complex jobs of switching it on and downloading programes that will work or heaven forbid will need tweaking, i will end up spending a fourtune at some computer geek shop some where trying to redo what i should have not done.

nope, sorry lads and lasses but i am better off getting the whold drive reformatted and windoze xp installed instead of vista or going out and buying a copy of windoze 7 to install instead. at least it means that all my work programes will still keep going and that will save me a lot of dose i have spent out or will have to to replace the ones i use

What's happened is that you haven't been able to change the "boot order" so that it starts from the cd rather than the hard drive - if you feel like giving it another go the Youtube video I posted shows how to change it!

One of the main advantages of Mint is that once it's installed it's pretty rock solid (doesn't need any "geeking", doesn't crash, lockup or get viruses) and "just does it", and in my experience is easier to fiddle with than the awful Windoze...

It could be that the laptop is hiding the "press X to go to setup" message or something like that, I guess. It helps if you know what to press and when :) AFAIR most systems use the DEL key, but others use F2 and there may be some others, too.

The thing is, if you can't get it to boot from CD, how are you going to re-install windows to start with?

James

Pack it up WMSB not everyone wants to reek of Mint and some have essential software needed for work that needs MS Windows or perhaps WINE to work properly.

Thanks for the hospitality, sun and sangria this last couple of weeks. not worthy

Latest posts

Back