Any one moving boxes to out apiarys.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've moved kit out to my new apiary and a couple of colonies so far. Will do the rest this weekend.

The question wasn't specific enough maybe?
This was a question about renovated boxes and new equipment being taken out to sites now so they are there ready rather than having to move them when needed.
These are ready for one of the apiarys and shed space is becoming an issue plus I want to shortly take super and brood boxes out of storage with drawn comb to get ready for use. IMG_20210309_141012.jpg

Last edited:
So... you are going to store boxes at out apiaries with drawn comb in them but no bees ? Why ? Are you buying in loads of packages of bees to fill them soon ? If not .. what are you doing to protect them against wax moth ... if you are not very careful and haven't treated the combs with Dipel or similar you may have no combs left in there by the time you put bees in them ...

I was wondering if any one has started doing this ready for the new season.
just wondering, how strange that you ask that question for the time you have been keeping bees, the notes from other years that you talk about and the advice you give to others i would of thought that you would of known the answer to that question from your past experience that you say you have ??

just wondering, how strange that you ask that question for the time you have been keeping bees, the notes from other years that you talk about and the advice you give to others i would of thought that you would of known the answer to that question from your past experience that you say you have ??

He was just starting a conversation. No need for the passive-aggressive response.

So... you are going to store boxes at out apiaries with drawn comb in them but no bees ? Why ? Are you buying in loads of packages of bees to fill them soon ? If not .. what are you doing to protect them against wax moth ... if you are not very careful and haven't treated the combs with Dipel or similar you may have no combs left in there by the time you put bees in them ...
No drawn comb, but boxes with frames made ready for foundation.
I've got more boxes and frames than I ever have had twice as many if not more, I've got 12 nucs to hive 4 new queens over at this apiary among other things.

Last edited:
No drawn comb, but boxes with frames made ready for foundation.
I've got more boxes and frames than I ever have had twice as many.
So you are going to put the foundation in place at the out apiaries ? Have you thought this through?

I'm still processing the thought.
Always better to sleep on it ... Also - you can bet on the fact that the apiaries where you have put most supers will be the ones where you don't need them and vice versa ..

I think with the space you have at home I'd just stack them there in the open and just fit the foundation as you need to and take them where you need them when you need them ....

It's OK - You've got a mobile back yard ... I've got a car and all my hives are just round the corner from the kitchen ... but the principle is the same - you need them where you need them when you need them ...

Always better to sleep on it ... Also - you can bet on the fact that the apiaries where you have put most supers will be the ones where you don't need them and vice versa ..

I think with the space you have at home I'd just stack them there in the open and just fit the foundation as you need to and take them where you need them when you need them ....
Aye! you don't live with swimbo stack them out side nr the house I wouldn't be able to brush the front.
Far point though.

Latest posts

Back