Any ideas what this is?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bontbee

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
more than before
This was found inside a highways grit bin. The only information supplied was that whatever it is stinks!

Attachments

• grit bin.jpg
    grit bin.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 89
Now, if only I hadn't given up chocolate for Lent, too, I'd put that theory to the taste test!!:eek:

Ahh, good shout, gents. Just goggled and found an ad with the following description:

"Creating the most amazing sweet, creamy, nutty and fruity aroma you could imagine"

And you can imagine the stink you'd get when that lots starts decomposing!

It looks like those "Lika" beads (pronounced "Like a") you buy to put in the top pf hydroponic pot plants. Their actually balls of kilned, unglazed clay, that are very porous.
Well thats all i can come up with.
perhaps someone though they would be like grit, that why they were chucked in the bin!! very odd

Funnily enough, ours used to stink, the cat weed in them continuously, killed the pot plant!!:smilielol5:

Last edited:
Yes, those beads were one of my first thoughts - they keep rolling in to my garden from my neighbour's. But they have lots of little "pores". The bait balls still look like the front runner to me. I have passed everyone's (should there be an apostrophe there??) suggestions, so far, to the person with the conundrum. Thank you all

What size are the "beads"? The picture reminds me of grass snake eggs I had in my compost heap some years ago, as far as I can remember they were slightly oval.

Mike

Definitely mouldy old boilies for Carp/tench fishing. I remember finding an old bag of squid and Octopus flavour in my shed that had gone over, you could smell them at the end of our road!!!

remember the whiff from the pint of maggots that had been left in the box for a month .

Latest posts

Back