Any auctions near Cheshire?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Haughton Honey

Drone Bee
Beekeeping Sponsor
Reaction score
Hive Type
Commercial
Number of Hives
Lots of Commercial hives.......
Does anyone know if there are any auctions scheduled to take place near Cheshire or in the North West?

I haven't ever heard of the local CBKA holding one.

Thanks

hmm Carlisle and Cheshire are about 110 miles apart..:)

You did say "North West" and Carlisle is as far North and West as you can get in England:D

Does anyone know if there are any auctions scheduled to take place near Cheshire or in the North West?

I haven't ever heard of the local CBKA holding one.

Thanks
Time some one resurrected the bee auction at Chelford ??
Was very popular years ago when beekeeping wasn't so heavily promoted :)
I'm surprised no smarty-pants has given it another go!
VM

Well Carlisle was in the north west last time I looked.
I've never attended so can't say what it's like.

Carlisle was good last year. lots of gear at good prices and about 20 nucs, averaged about £120. I got two and they have been v good.

Time some one resurrected the bee auction at Chelford ??
Was very popular years ago when beekeeping wasn't so heavily promoted :)
I'm surprised no smarty-pants has given it another go!
VM
Some of my friends from the farming community have told me that hives and equipment appear on a fairly regular basis at the monthly sale at Marshalls, Chelford.
From memory I think its on the first wednesday of the month

Aye I suppose so .
Marshalls ran the bee auction , I guess it didn't turn out earning enough for them although it was well attended!
Back in the nineties a saw empty knackered wbc hives going for £70 when national hives of bees with 1 super and health certificate were going for only £35 :).
They used to line up all the hives for sale into yard, pointing over the railway station ! the bees were free flying , people getting on and off trains, beekeepers wandering around checking out the hives , not a veil in sight :) save for those in the auction :D
VM

Latest posts

Back