Help Near Huntingdon!!

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The owner of the land where I keep my bee hive are making the final decision on whether to make me take my hive and go. Their dog got stung and they're nervous about grand kids Nothing has actually happened and the dog is fine. But I might need somewhere to move to near Huntingdon, CAMBS. Does anyone have any place I could go or have ideas for places I could try???

The owner of the land where I keep my bee hive are making the final decision on whether to make me take my hive and go. Their dog got stung and they're nervous about grand kids Nothing has actually happened and the dog is fine. But I might need somewhere to move to near Huntingdon, CAMBS. Does anyone have any place I could go or have ideas for places I could try???
Stick a message locally on Facebook .... looking for somewherem to site a hive of bees. Probably going to hit a bigger audience near you than finding somewhere on here. Or just go knocking on doors of people with big gardens or canvas local farms ...

making the final decision on whether to make me take my hive and go
Sounds ominous, and even if they give you another chance it may not be long before another random sting results in expulsion, so you're right to look now for an alternative site.

Before you knock on doors look on Google Earth and find suitable spots. For example, secure farmland with access backing onto a copse, where your hives won't be seen from the road.

Last edited:
Sounds ominous, and even if they give you another chance it may not be long before another random sting results in expulsion, so you're right to look now for an alternative site.

Before you knock on doors look on Google Earth and find suitable spots. For example, secure farmland with access backing onto a copse, where your hives won't be seen from the road.
Remember hedges giving complete screening spring and summer often become bald in winter and hives can be easily seen then.

If you are a member of your local beekeepers' association (www.huntsbka.org.uk) they will be able to ask their members to let you know of alternative apiary sites available nearby.

Latest posts

Back