Another Friend Gone

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't spend any time on this forum anymore but felt the need to comment on the sad loss of Pete Little,
I'm exactly the same.

I was lucky enough to spend a sunday morning with him many years ago. Thought I was popping in quickly to pick up a queen breeder - but as many on here will attest - he loved to talk bees, and his family. Well after a couple of hours chatting we went to look at the colonies I would be collecting a queen from - and it's one of the few apiaries where a veil was not required. Did we need a smoker? well -only his roll ups from memory;). I think I only got away in the end because Sunday lunch was ready, and the family had started to arrive...

He was a true gent. Not spoken for years, but will miss him anyway.

RIP HM.

I'm exactly the same.

I was lucky enough to spend a sunday morning with him many years ago. Thought I was popping in quickly to pick up a queen breeder - but as many on here will attest - he loved to talk bees, and his family. Well after a couple of hours chatting we went to look at the colonies I would be collecting a queen from - and it's one of the few apiaries where a veil was not required. Did we need a smoker? well -only his roll ups from memory;). I think I only got away in the end because Sunday lunch was ready, and the family had started to arrive...

He was a true gent. Not spoken for years, but will miss him anyway.

RIP HM.
So sorry to hear this news . First he lost his wife . He picked himself up and carried on with his business with his sons .
they make excellent hives , he wouldn’t sell flat pack . He milled the cedar , he seasoned it .
he made his own bio fuel . He was into AI and an all round self sufficient good egg! Whenever I visited Pete I always came away feeling I’d just left the darling buds of May ! 😢
rest in peace and rise in glory Pete !

Gaaah. I was hoping that somehow Mike was talking of someone else. His Bucky Q that the family nearly drowned while I was in hospital is my common ancestor and will be forever short of som - nah, forever. She was #3 and best Q right now is 3.5.1.1.1. I think there might be one swarm cell in that lineage: no more. So I think of him every trip to the bees.

A huge loss.

I've only just learned of Peters passing. I've not been on here much as been very busy. Firstly my thoughts and best wishes go out to Sandra and their sons. I've always had my buckies from Peter, and i offer the same thoughts and sentiments many on here have shared. I went down to collect a package of bees on the 12 July this year and spent a large part of the afternoon chatting with Sandra putting the world to rights. The package have settled well and as always are beautiful healthy calm bees. Somehow I will treasure these ones just that little bit more now. Passing on my love to all who mourn such a mighty beek🖤

Latest posts

Back