Am I being pathetic or am I right to feel p***** off?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cazza

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
5 ish
Hi all
I work for my dear old NHS as a therapist. I know times are hard but I have just been told that pens are now seen as a luxury item in my trust and will no longer be supplied.
Is this normal in other workplaces? Should I put up and shut up?
I'm thinking of writing my notes in blood from now on.
Cazza

That's the first thing any big organisation does when there's a sqeeze on - starts counting the paperclips;)

For me it all depends on how many pens your trust gets through in a year.

If the number crunchers have worked out that a pen has a short life span at your trust well short of its expected life then yes its perhaps a good thing. If this is the case then I with hand on hart will say not you Cazza but many people will have drawers full of them at home!!

Your work place should provide you with the tools to do the work required, unless you are self employed.

As yet paperclips have not been banned!
Cazza

Give it time!

As a stock-ordering admin I have to admit to being only too aware, however, just how fast pens apparently disappear into the ether (my office of 25 people went through about 50 pens in 3 weeks!). On the plus side they haven't cut your service......:eek:

Hi all
I work for my dear old NHS as a therapist. I know times are hard but I have just been told that pens are now seen as a luxury item in my trust and will no longer be supplied.
Cazza

Ask them how you are expected to record patient information. If they expect you to record information, they should provide the means to do so. If you are a freelance rather than staff, the situation is different. Ask them what they think they are doing.

Ask them how you are expected to record patient information. If they expect you to record information, they should provide the means to do so. If you are a freelance rather than staff, the situation is different. Ask them what they think they are doing.
Try using a pencil!
If they complain ask for the luxury of a pen to be provided.

I expect there is purpose appointed pen manager who who has come up with this brainwave. I've worked in the NHS for over 20 years and am now left wondering if God directed his message about going forth and multiplying with hospital managers in mind......

I share your pain...

The school I work in ( only for another 6 days though :)) now insists that all stationery items are ordered centrally.

So if you want some pens/pencils you have got to requisition them in advance.

Perhaps they feel that pens and pencils are also luxury items in a school. I look forward to the return of chalk and slate.

:(

Give it time!

As a stock-ordering admin I have to admit to being only too aware, however, just how fast pens apparently disappear into the ether (my office of 25 people went through about 50 pens in 3 weeks!). On the plus side they haven't cut your service......:eek:

Oh yes they have!
C

Hi all
Cazza

Just wait till the auditors work out how many bog rolls you get through....

Submit an expenses claim for the 25p or so to buy a pen now and again. The processing cost of expenses in the NHS is no doubt of the order of £100+. But explain that now they aren't ordered centrally, you and your colleagues will have to order them individually and submit claims. Better still, ask for time in lieu to go shopping and get it. After a few claims I'm sure they'll work out the cost.....

Adam

If it's any consolation it applies here too.
I know because a few weeks ago i was at the local hospital for some physio and she told me this. Hope she marked my record card.

Another thing I noticed was that when I last had some physio in the late 80's the first consultation was 45 mins and then a standard further 5 sessions (6 total) of 30 mins each. Now first one was 30 mins and a further 4 of 20 mins each.

It's called progress:banghead:

I was diagnosed diabetic last December .
Sometime later retinopathy test done .
Still waiting for an appointment to see the Podiatrist !
I also suffer from Barrets oesophagus and have been informed that from next year I fail to qualify for endoscopic follow up due to my age !
I will however get to watch tv without a license :D

Thing is one of these follow ups resulted in me requiring 12 months of argon beam ablation (4 sessions at 3 monthly intervals)
All in my records .
Their reasoning being The old git has lived long enough , it's time he made room for someone else :willy_nilly:

VM

Latest posts

Back