Am I being pathetic or am I right to feel p***** off?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did you see the research (on MRSA I think) that showed that pens were a major problem because they never get sterilised...is there an argument there to be made? Surely some of your patients are sick and need protecting from infection?

When I first joined the civil service I was issued with one black and one red BIC biro - when I needed a replacement I had to bring back the empty pen to the stationery officer to prove it had run out - fair enough, at least loads didn't go home to supply the family!.I did a reasonable amount of writing so I'd go through one a month.
Nowadays there is no control of pens but to save money we are now supplied with cheap nasty scratchy ballpoints. We don't do much writing but you're lucky if the pen lasts ten minutes before packing up, so the average person goes through ten pens in a fortnight.
Short sighted bean counters or what!?
Unfortunately it's very embarassing if during an arrest your pen dies - it also lays yur notebook open to criticism in court, so we go out and buy our own - it's a farce

When I first joined the civil service I was issued with one black and one red BIC biro - when I needed a replacement I had to bring back the empty pen to the stationery officer to prove it had run out - fair enough, at least loads didn't go home to supply the family!.I did a reasonable amount of writing so I'd go through one a month.
Nowadays there is no control of pens but to save money we are now supplied with cheap nasty scratchy ballpoints. We don't do much writing but you're lucky if the pen lasts ten minutes before packing up, so the average person goes through ten pens in a fortnight.
Short sighted bean counters or what!?
Unfortunately it's very embarassing if during an arrest your pen dies - it also lays yur notebook open to criticism in court, so we go out and buy our own - it's a farce

I had that with the pen swap when I started with the NHS only 10 years ago! It was worse with the post it notes though :)

I used to buy the slightly more expensive, but better quality and longer lasting, pens but gave up when they didn't last any longer. On the plus side it's not part of my job anymore, on the down side the job is probably not going to be there in 12 months anyway (bless the government :mad:).

Another thing I noticed was that when I last had some physio in the late 80's the first consultation was 45 mins and then a standard further 5 sessions (6 total) of 30 mins each. Now first one was 30 mins and a further 4 of 20 mins each.

It's called progress:banghead:[/QUOTE]

Perhaps everything is shrinking with age! ! ! ! !:angelsad2:

Latest posts

Back