alergic

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you more likely to have an anaphalaxys shock if you are allergic to penicillin? I know I was allergic when I was a baby but think you can grow out of it. My 20 odd stings on the front of my leg a few weeks ago just left me with several blisters and nothing more - thank goodness.

well, I have no allergies, so it looks hopeful. Asthma though, so will have to watch that....must add inhaler to my bee keeping pack.

AS a new this year beekeeper,I have had about 15 bee stings so far with no significant swellings.

Imagine my surprise on Wednesday when I had two wasp bites on the back of my left hand. Very painful and still swollen taut like a drum. Changed my antihistamine pills to a different chemical and seems to be getting better.. but most unpleasant.

So bee stings so far = minimal impact.
Wasp stings = bad impact.

I'll have to give up keeping wasps and nuke the garden :)

If you were allergic to bee stings you would have more than a swelling - I know because I am allergic to wasp stings. A proper allergy can result in anaphylactic shock, swollen tongue, tremours, sweating and low brood pressure which if not treated quickly can result in death. So I don't think this is an allergy! If you are getting any of the above even very slightly then you should carry an epipen!

If you were allergic to bee stings you would have more than a swelling - I know because I am allergic to wasp stings. A proper allergy can result in anaphylactic shock, swollen tongue, tremours, sweating and low brood pressure which if not treated quickly can result in death. So I don't think this is an allergy! If you are getting any of the above even very slightly then you should carry an epipen!

Would that include me Louise? tremors, sweating, low blood pressure from an old sting.....oh, and an odd metallic taste, very strange. Doc won't even entertain me, stupid man. Refused to believe me when I said I'd read taking NSAI's could make you hyper sensitive to stings. Reckoned that that was what he'd give someone who came in with a sting because it is an anti imflammatory. Talks to me like I'm a child. Must remember to change him. :mad:

Latest posts

Back