Air Bubbles

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Taylan

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
15 At the moment
I have tried hexagonal jars this year for the first time , Can anyone tell me an easy way to avoid getting air bubbles in the corners of the jar ,I have tried running it down the side of the jar, finished up getting them out of each jar with a bent spoon handle it works but to fiddly there must be an easier way .

As you are doing.tip the jar so that it runs down the side and as you get to the "top" of the bottom of the jar, tilt it more upright. A lot depends on having the honey warm enough to lower its viscosity

I sell most of my honey in these jars and not worried about bubbles. No one has ever commented as of yet.

Might be different I guess if you were putting it in a show.

When you extract the honey, you hould keep honey long enough in a big container. PUt a greese paper on surface that all air foam and rubbish fix to the paper. Take paper off.

There you stir it to get soft crystall structure. Don't mix air into honey.
If you mix with machine, it is a big possibility that air will be mixed in too.

When you put honey finally into jar, it should be warm that it runs out from container, or where it is.

If you extract and put soon into jar, honey will have lots of air inside.

Thanks Finman to me presentation sells. I always skim off before putting in the jars and leave 2 days to stand in a warm room , I have tried warming , tilting the jar everything I can think of but I always finnish up with an air bubble in each corner of the jar, I have exhibited for over 40 years at some of the Major shows including the National and winning a cup so I dont think you can teach me much about how to avoid bubbles on top , But you can teach me how to avoid those Damn bubbles in each shoulder of the Hexaganol jar Like I said I can get them out with a bent tea spoon but when you are bottleing 50 plus jars at a time it is a big job and annoying .

The simple practical suggestion is to 'wet' the corners with honey already in the jar (a relatively small amount), by rolling carefully, then fill immediately. The bubbles will tend to come past the wetted surface rather than adhere to the glass.

May not work but is a suggestion.

Thanks Oliver I will try that with my next batch, I get the problem with liquid & creamed
honey there must be a simple solution.

Filled pallets of them with creamed and normally there is not a bubble so I suggest you are filling too cool.

PH

But you can teach me how to avoid those Damn bubbles in each shoulder of the Hexaganol jar

oh! That old farts' hexabubble syndroma. Sorry I did not know.

i do not invent else than "Hexa Bubble Honey Sale"

Last edited:
Hi PH, thanks for the advice I will try putting some in the warming cabinet for a bit I usually stand it in the warm kitchen I will try anything I don't like to be beaten

Latest posts

Back