6 weeks old AS has been overrun with wasps....help please!

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow!

BabyB

"suppose it could be robbing bees...."

sorry but from your description there is no "suppose" about it!

richard

was talking to my neighbour tonight and we had a bit of blether about the last 12-18months of our novicey beekeeping here in our tiny wee village..so far, between the 3 of us, we've experienced:

• a drone laying worker
  • 1 nuc that just didnt make it
  • this nuc/split that is a bit touch and go
  • a hive that nearly swarmed itself to death (but didnt)
  • a hive that was sooo slow to get going, we thought it wasn't going to!
  • a swarm that happened in the first year (when we were told they didnt!) and was 'found' clinging to the underside of the hive table
  • more Q cells than we knew what to do with
  • a Q that got damaged when neighbour tried to cage her to mark her

talk about a steep learning curve!!!

Percy Vere was a fine old fellow. He got there in the end.

Amazing how easy it is when you get 'over the hump' on the learning curve!

Regards, RAB

Percy Vere was a fine old fellow. He got there in the end.

Amazing how easy it is when you get 'over the hump' on the learning curve!

Regards, RAB

Oh Rab, i cant wait to get to the point where it's classed as "easy"...that seems such a long long way away right now...

and might i ask WHO percy vere is? is he some kind of bee-god?

and might i ask WHO percy vere is? is he some kind of bee-god?

No! Not even a person, let alone a god! Just a 'play' on the word 'persevere'. Sorry.

Regards, RAB

BabyBee I am in my second year and there have been times when I felt that bee keeping is harder than being a parent and I have 4 children. There were a number of times last year when I felt like the worst beek in the world. This years big worries was weather created with one AS and 3 swarms I collected seemingly Q- for many weeks over the "normal".

This year now I feel more relaxed and am learning to manage things but by letting the bees do what they do. Things will get better with experiance and knowledge (I hope as I keep telling myself)

Percy Vere is friends of Eileen Dover, Earl E Byrd etc. Persevere.

LOL! what an eejit i am...on so many levels LOL

and thanks flatters, a boost to my self confidence

BabyBee

Don't bother yourself, I also had no idea what Oliver was going on about with 'Percy V'

(He must be of the generation that sent apprentices' off for tins of striped paint!)

(He must be of the generation that sent apprentices' off for tins of striped paint!)
and did far worse things than that....:biggrinjester:

Latest posts

Back