3 Hives stolen

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Only stolen because there is a market for them ,we should all be more careful about our equipment purchases
:judge:

The last time I reported a theft over the phone the PC said what do you want the crime number is it so you can make an insurance claim, I said that will do for a start, and he said we will look into it and they never did.

The last time I reported a theft over the phone the PC said what do you want the crime number is it so you can make an insurance claim, I said that will do for a start, and he said we will look into it and they never did.

You can look at the police maps and spot the crimes you've reported.
www.police.uk
And what progress is made on them.

Criminal damage and arson (1)

Includes damage to buildings and vehicles and deliberate damage by fire Current status†
Investigation complete; no suspect identified

I had two hives stolen a year ago, reported it to police who I must say seemed keen on investigation, however never herd owt since. Just seen the report on north east news tonight. It's obviously beekeepers who steal bees, sad state of affairs

I had two hives stolen a year ago, reported it to police who I must say seemed keen on investigation, however never herd owt since. Just seen the report on north east news tonight. It's obviously beekeepers who steal bees, sad state of affairs
Definitely, many many years ago i used to shoot on a piece of land, one day i went to shoot and 2 beehives had turned up on the side of a wood, a year past and they where still there, to me they where put there and left, come to think of it now i have a rough idea they where neglected.
Anyway around that time i pulled the car up and thought i would take one as they had been untouched for so long , BAD move, in a clueless way i lifted the lid too look in, bees shot out like little bullets and that was my mind made up. leave well alone.
Now if i knew then what i know now i could quite easily steal a hive or several, but after dealing with my own bees and knowing the work that goes into them i could not live with myself doing such a thing.
I will not go on but them bee keepers out there that steal other peoples passion are wrong to the bone and i would hate to think what other levels they would stoop too in the need for satisfying there greed.

I have kept bees for over thirty years, my main worry was vandalism in the early days, theft was never a thought, however as bees have become more valuable vandalism has gone and stealing is my main concern

seriously?
I know what it is Erica, i was just messing..:xmas-smiley-033:
This fellow below liked chasing the odd one , he never caught any while i was hunting further south, but his smaller brothers account for the odd one.

IMG_7811_zps6ac4873b.jpg

I know what it is Erica, i was just messing..:xmas-smiley-033:
This fellow below liked chasing the odd one , he never caught any while i was hunting further south, but his smaller brothers account for the odd one.

IMG_7811_zps6ac4873b.jpg

Hunting the barricanni ?????

Nice train guard.

Back