3 Hives stolen

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you have a description of the hives Millet? - Type of hive, if painted or branded etc.?

3 National Hives with brood box and supers numbers, 1 - 2-3 screwed on top, please keep a eye out on any for sale pages you folk may visit as this lady is devastated, as you may well know she has spent a lot of money and hard work on them, the police have been notified so here's hoping for a good result.

the police have been notified so here's hoping for a good result.

Not much chance of any result if they are involved, although if she has a car or suchlike she should keep it well out of sight of them, or they will do her instead.

Last edited:
Not much chance of any result if they are involved, although if she has a car or suchlike she should keep it well out of sight of them, or they will do her instead.
People get dealt with different in this area, her car will 100% be safe, if some clown turned up and tried to do her, they may well end up rather sick.
Thanks for the input by the way.

Last edited:
People get dealt with different in this area,

Fantastic, please let us know when or if the police have done the naughty ones and returned the hives to their rightful owner, not much of of a problem if things are that good up there.

Thank you for the negative help Moderator.:confused:

I think what HM is trying to say is that he has not got much faith in the boys in blue, if you trawl through the 'stolen' section you will find he has more than enough evidence to support his opinion. It's not a priority crime, not 'shiny' enough for them to get brownie points for and requires hard work and brainpower to get a result - you'll be lucky to get a crime number off them as it may water down their detection rate.

Too late...it already did, and a lot more hives than that, but I was not as lucky as in your area.

Here to. i had 6 hives stolen in one lot i even saw them two blokes in bee suites driving a red Toyota hiace van . Police just laughed didn't bother taking a statement just a crime number

It's not a priority crime, not 'shiny' enough for them to get brownie points for and requires hard work and brainpower to get a result -

This morning I listened to some plod spokesman encouraging girls to report having their bottom pinched in a nightclub as the police would take it seriously and not only investigate but prosecute.

This morning I listened to some plod spokesman encouraging girls to report having their bottom pinched in a nightclub as the police would take it seriously and not only investigate but prosecute.

The things going round in my head would get me banned from this forum,:mad::mad:

Maybe but he could be a little more tactful instead of trying to incite a argument that only a special person will win .

Appologies, did not realize you were some kind of special person.

Back