2:1 syrup into 1:1....any brilliant ideas?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just add the same volume of water again that you used originally

Since what is left is the residue after using some of what was originally made, adding the same amount of water is not the answer. A bit of maths to work out the correct proportion is what is needed but I don't have a handle to my name to qualify or the will to work it out as I'm busy.

I would be inclined to freeze your thymolised syrup and keep until Autumn. Mix up some fresh 2:1 for the Spring stimulation.

There is a chance that some of the thymolised syrup will end up in a super and make ( as someone else said) "medicated honey" not worth the risk IMHO.

If you add 2kg sugar to 1 litre of water you get 2.26 litres of syrup.
So for every 2.26 litres of syrup you have to add another litre of water to get it to 1:1.
1 litre syrup add 443 mls
25litres 11.062 litres
Does that sound right?

I would be inclined to freeze your thymolised syrup and keep until Autumn. Mix up some fresh 2:1 for the Spring stimulation.

There is a chance that some of the thymolised syrup will end up in a super and make ( as someone else said) "medicated honey" not worth the risk IMHO.

Ahhhhhh! can't help myself, I am back in this thread!

Spring stimulation use 1:1 not 2:1 (autumn)

Sorry Rosti - slip of the finger - However the point I was making was NOT a good idea to feed thymolised syrup in Spring - risk of contaminated supers:leaving:

Latest posts

Back