1.5 oz jar labels

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wightbees

Queen Bee
Beekeeping Sponsor
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
How long is a piece of string
Hi

what are the guidelines for 1.5 oz jars / labels please ?
I’m sure I read somewhere the info is different to standard size jars . But I maybe wrong ?
WB

Hi

I’m sure I read somewhere the info is different to standard size jars . But I maybe wrong ?
WB
you don't need any/all of the statutory information on that size jars font size is up to you as well

That is fantastic news . Many thanks for the info
WB

You can get the statutory information on a circular label on the lid ...easier on the eye than a label on the side of the jar and you see more of the honey...

Attachments

• Honey.jpg
    Honey.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 40
Is there a link to statutory info that anyone knows of for this size jar ?

Milkermel
PM me with what you have exactly and what you have in mind cost wise please

Just another thought before I go ahead with this . What is it like filling these tiny jars with out a filling machine?
I don’t want to end up in a right mess 😂

Just another thought before I go ahead with this . What is it like filling these tiny jars with out a filling machine?
I don’t want to end up in a right mess 😂
I just fill them from a bog standard honey gate valve, just trickle the honey out, when the pot is full, put it down on the worksurface below the tap then move a new jar over in between drips.

Sounds like I’m ready to go then. Or was I trying to find a excuse for a filling machine 🤣

Hi

WB
Freeman Harding Honey Labelling in the UK have this information
3. The minimum height of figures on the label must be as follows: <50g - 2mm; 50-200g - 3mm; 200g-1kg - 4mm; >1kg - 6mm
There is other stuff about labelling there as well:ROFLMAO:

Freeman Harding Honey Labelling in the UK have this information
3. The minimum height of figures on the label must be as follows: <50g - 2mm; 50-200g - 3mm; 200g-1kg - 4mm; >1kg - 6mm
There is other stuff about labelling there as well:ROFLMAO:
Yes, for normal size jars - these rules do not apply to 1.5 oz jars

For filling those small jars Thornes did sell a pump dispenser that sat in a 30lb bucket lid similar to hand soap dispenser. Google it not sure there still available.

I just did a load of 28g for 1 customer but I normally sell 1.5oz 42g .Had labels from Thornes but bought really nice labels from Laurence of West Coast Labels

Latest posts

Back