Your streamlining tips?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cost-benefit analysis probably makes conventional swarm management impractical. David did use bait hives: YT comments state there is a lot of swarming and lots of empty hives getting occupied each year. Didn't mention clipping of queens.

Ah, I rarely read YT comments because they're so often full of utter drivel. Perhaps I should go back and do so in this case.

James

I have a gasvap and have drilled holes in the back of the floors, with a wooden dowel in each to plug them.
Only issue is the gasvap itself. It's just not quite reliable enough for me. It misfires, or I'm just not confident it's actually worked properly, so I end up doing it again, only not to be sure again.

InstaVap seems to be the business. Only issue is the price tag £375.00 + battery (£50).

Next year, I'll have close to 20 colonies. 1 x 10 pack of apivar = £30 x 4 = £120.

But, this year, atleast one of my colonies on apivar is still dropping a small amount of mites.

I need to be ready to make the financial jump. Perhaps next year.
InstaVap Light is £199 and you can use PayPal in 3 installments….

Latest posts

Back