Yield of Warré hive

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well wait and see 😉. I don’t buy a cheap material WH for big money. I will make a long lasting not so expensive hive. And i will keep you updated at this forum how things will turn out 🤓
Good luck ...

As someone who has gone down the 'Oh my - what on earth possessed me to do this' tunnel on a number of occasions (In beekeeping and life in general) I have come to the conclusion that if it looks easy to do when you start out then it becomes more difficult as you progress ... if it looks difficult to start with then you can rest assured it will be nigh on impossible when you progress and the will to continue diminishes in favour of the less difficult option.

You would not be the first person to arrive here with some admirable principles and some interesting ideas ... a few years ago we had a member who had some great ideas about converting used supermarket polystyrene fish crates into beehives - reusing otherwise redundant materials. He now has a few polystyrene boxes hives .. purchased from a company that make the specifically for beekeeping. The notion of converting and reusing became the reality - it didn't work and it was too time consuming and more expensive than the option of buying something already fit for purpose.

Hopefully you will stick around and keep us up to date with your endeavours ....

Good luck ...

As someone who has gone down the 'Oh my - what on earth possessed me to do this' tunnel on a number of occasions (In beekeeping and life in general) I have come to the conclusion that if it looks easy to do when you start out then it becomes more difficult as you progress ... if it looks difficult to start with then you can rest assured it will be nigh on impossible when you progress and the will to continue diminishes in favour of the less difficult option.

You would not be the first person to arrive here with some admirable principles and some interesting ideas ... a few years ago we had a member who had some great ideas about converting used supermarket polystyrene fish crates into beehives - reusing otherwise redundant materials. He now has a few polystyrene boxes hives .. purchased from a company that make the specifically for beekeeping. The notion of converting and reusing became the reality - it didn't work and it was too time consuming and more expensive than the option of buying something already fit for purpose.

Hopefully you will stick around and keep us up to date with your endeavours ....
Thanx for your response! I’m aware things can be harder then expected. And maybe i will reach a point i will throw in the towel. But it could also turn out to be a succes. Anyway i like the atmosphere of this forum so i will stick around and keep you updated and learn of you all. Because there is a lot to learn. That’s for sure! (And if you use Instagram you can find me as de_beginnende_imker. I post in Dutch and English)

Good luck ...

You know what I've got to agree with all of that.I think that in general in life less is more, I.e do less, think less, let others do the worrying .I've learned the hard way through the years .

You know what I've got to agree with all of that.I think that in general in life less is more, I.e do less, think less, let others do the worrying .I've learned the hard way through the years .
I work less (28 hrs a week). So i have time to think and to experience without any pressure, without serious worries. Sometimes things succeed and other things don’t. But i enjoy everyday. I think this is where life is about. At least it is for me 😊.

I work less (28 hrs a week). So i have time to think and to experience without any pressure, without serious worries. Sometimes things succeed and other things don’t. But i enjoy everyday. I think this is where life is about. At least it is for me 😊.

Admirable , I wish you every luck

Latest posts

Back