yet more WBC

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you call Brian Nish at Thornes of Scotland, he may be able to help. He worked for Steele and Brodie for many years. 01337 842596

When I first started keeping bees in the 70's Steele and Brodie were my main supplier. I would get most items from Crocket's Hardware store in West Nile Street in Glasgow. Thorne's took them over at some point ( can't remember when!) They used to have their annual catalogue in the Queen colour for the year. I've still got a couple of them and it's good to look at the items and the prices!

Thanks
The hive ,plus a national has been around as long a can remember (and I'm Into my fifth decade.
The national is fairly repairable and will be going back into service this year.
The WBC will need a new roof and floor,but the lifts and boxes could be used gently.
Knowing the person I inherited them from I doubt either hive was obtained brand new so I imagine they could be older than me...

When I started keeping bees in around 1982, there was an agent for Steel and Brodie just a few miles away in Pontypridd.

Thanks that's brilliant
Looking at the links,what were the dimensions of a wormit hive?
I have a very odd shape hive that looks very similar to a googled image of one.

Latest posts

Back