WSBKA bee auction.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Apologies for resurrecting an old thread- out of interest, what sort of prices are achieved at these auctions? I've inherited a few hives, but hoping to expand to a few more, and this auction isn't so far from me.

Apologies for resurrecting an old thread- out of interest, what sort of prices are achieved at these auctions? I've inherited a few hives, but hoping to expand to a few more, and this auction isn't so far from me.
For what bees or kit ? The only real answer is they make what someone is prepared to pay on the day. I've picked up bargains at times and looked on horrified as some muppets bid to the point where they were paying more for a piece of well used kit than they would have paid for new stuff in the sales. You need to go knowing what things cost and stop bidding when things get beyond what you are prepared to pay. I go with an open mind and as much for the social occasion as for the auction. My best buys... 8 pairs of very good quality semi disposable overalls in my size for a pound and an old but very serviceable workmate for a fiver. Worst buy ? A good looking smoker bought on impulse for £5. It had a hole in the bellows... buyer beware... there's no refunds ...buy as seen !

Last edited:
For what bees or kit ? The only real answer is they make what someone is prepared to pay on the day. I've picked up bargains at times and looked on horrified as some muppets bid to the point where they were paying more for a piece of well used kit than they would have paid for new stuff in the sales. You need to go knowing what things cost and stop bidding when things get beyond what you are prepared to pay. I go with an open mind and as much for the social occasion as for the auction. My best buys... 8 pairs of very good quality semi disposable overalls in my size for a pound and an old but very serviceable workmate for a fiver. Worst buy ? A good looking smoker bought on impulse for £5. It had a hole in the bellows... buyer beware... there's no refunds ...buy as seen !
For kit really- I'm partial to an auction as it is, and the chance to build my stocks up is quite tempting. My current hives are all a mishmash, so the opportunity to grab a couple more would be good.

This year’s auction is on the 15th April, and I happen to know there will be 2 sets of excellent new WBC inners this year 😁.
The catalog is usually available on line about 2 weeks prior to the auction.

This year’s auction is on the 15th April, and I happen to know there will be 2 sets of excellent new WBC inners this year 😁.
The catalog is usually available on line about 2 weeks prior to the auction.
And it's a fun day out !! Doesn't seem like a year since the last one ... Bring cash, they had major problems with the card reader last year and we were all tripping down the road to the cash machine at Tescos ...

Are you going again Philip? I’ll be there with a van load of tatt valuable preloved beekeeping bits and bobs 🤣
Also be aware the that the A29 is closed between Pulborough and the venue. Probably best if you approach from the north.

Are you going again Philip? I’ll be there with a van load of tatt valuable preloved beekeeping bits and bobs 🤣
Also be aware the that the A29 is closed between Pulborough and the venue. Probably best if you approach from the north.
I'm negotiating with 'er indoors at present ... I'm hoping to but there's nothing I need and I've got nothing to sell ... so just a social event ! I'll let you know.

Yes, the landslip in the narrow bit just South of the garage .... must be a real PITA as there's no easy way round it is there ?

I'm negotiating with 'er indoors at present ... I'm hoping to but there's nothing I need and I've got nothing to sell ... so just a social event ! I'll let you know.

Yes, the landslip in the narrow bit just South of the garage .... must be a real PITA as there's no easy way round it is there ?
The local residents/businesses are up in arms, the local cut throughs are tracks and the official diversion routes are very long.
Very similar to the situation in Midhurst just down the road from me. Several listed buildings burnt down in the Main Street so the A272 and A286 are both diverted!

Blimey ... that's a lot to get through .. it didn't finish last year until after 5pm ! I think Roger's going to have to speed up a bit ...
Yeah, and I think there were plenty more offers after they closed the date. They like to stop at 300!

Yeah, and I think there were plenty more offers after they closed the date. They like to stop at 300!
There were some bargains if you are prepared to stick it out to the bitter end ... Even Roger was knocking it out a bit quicker and the punters were really thinned out towards the end ...

There were some bargains if you are prepared to stick it out to the bitter end ... Even Roger was knocking it out a bit quicker and the punters were really thinned out towards the end ...
Yes I’m on duty so I’ll be there to the bitter end! 😁.
I have a dilemma, I have to sell my lots to make sure I have enough room in the van for potential purchases and my lots are about 2/3 the way through!!!
I might not make many bids until my van is empty, just in case 🤣

One of those bits of kit bought by the unsuspectng, uneducated, who then find them absolutely useless and a few years later consign them to a bee auction in order to maintain anonymity when disposing of them ...
Sounds like the sort of thing peddled by someone I know of on the Costa Del Fareham...

You mean inventive ,innovative, irresistable, beekeeping essentials for the discerning beekeeper ....:icon_204-2:
Just had a good look through the items, there may be 300+ lots but many of them are multiple items.
There are 16 lots of 2 complete NEW national hives! I hope they are flatpack or they wont fit in many cars... :laughing-smiley-014

I’m tempted to catch the ferry and take a look at this. I just happen to have a free weekend too🤔

See you all there, only auction I will make this year as away on holiday when other two are on, i know disgraceful holidays during the bee season:)

Yes I’m on duty so I’ll be there to the bitter end! 😁.
I have a dilemma, I have to sell my lots to make sure I have enough room in the van for potential purchases and my lots are about 2/3 the way through!!!
I might not make many bids until my van is empty, just in case 🤣
I’m on duty too - showing the items apparently - do come and say hello!

I’m on duty too - showing the items apparently - do come and say hello!
Are you going to be draped across the lots in scanty attire as per 70’s car shows? 🤣

Latest posts

Back