WoodFired Pizza Oven

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beeboybee

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
6 >12 - 14x12 + Nucs
So A little project i finished Late last year but it had its first outing over bank holiday - Very Please.

Wheeled Timber frame - ( So Potentially we can wheel it to neighbours House if they wan to borrow)
Then Metal Sub Floor
then Concreta Aqua Panel
Then Insulation 50mm - Ceramic Fibe sheet.
then 64mm Fire Brick that are the Cooking Floor.
THE DOME is made out of an Igloo Shape that i used a Gym Ball to make a former the used Castable Cement over the top to make the Igloo shape - Very Heavy!!!
Then The Dome is Held in place by Stainless steel builders band to stop it slipping off Floor
then its got 50 - 60mm of isuulatig fibre blanket.
then the silver stuff is just silver tape from Screw fix to give some Temp weather protection.
the next stage after a couple of more tests is to use some old Copper Imersion tanks to see if i can fashion a cover folding and shaping the Copper sheets.
7NZ7zM4.jpg

X8jaYw8.jpg

8JskPoH.jpg

Inside get to about 400c and cooks a pizza in 2mins
i use very dry ash firewood to keep it fired up.

just need to perfect the dough now.

Pizza oven envy!
Looks well worth the effort.

Wish we could buy some flour to make the dough!!!!!
E

That looks awesome!
We were going to make one but then decided to get an Ooni Karu. Well worth it and making good use of it.

Are you going to try cooking other food in there too? Jamie Oliver's pizza oven steak on YouTube looks pretty nice.

Well done it looks fantastic!

At my place once before each house had " bread oven" in yard. You can make bread, roast pork or lamb, pizza.. It was made of bricks with its own roof, like mini houses.. I adore bread made in it, usually that are big loafs of bread ( couple kilos when sliced - huge slices). Beneath usually cabbage leaves to don't get burned too much and gives some taste.. I like such huge slice with spread pork fat and above garlic, tomato, paprika-pepper.. I have no measure in it..

At my place once before each house had " bread oven" in yard. You can make bread, roast pork or lamb, pizza.. It was made of bricks with its own roof, like mini houses.. I adore bread made in it, usually that are big loafs of bread ( couple kilos when sliced - huge slices). Beneath usually cabbage leaves to don't get burned too much and gives some taste.. I like such huge slice with spread pork fat and above garlic, tomato, paprika-pepper.. I have no measure in it..

That brings back some memories for me Goran ... all of that food and stuffed peppers and cevapcici ...and the bread, the home made bread his grandmother made ! All washed down with a bottle of local white wine and a belt of proper Slivovitz. My friend in Rijecka had an oven exactly like that and we used to eat sitting round a stone table in his garden with all his family - lovely times. 54 years ago -seems like yesterday.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back