Wooden queen excluder?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

astabada

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
Hi everyone,
last year I bought a cheap hive on ebay (got an entire new hive for 60£) but the queen excluder that was included is entirely made of wood. At first glance it doesn't look great as the wood is not perfectly smooth, could this be a problem? I'm thinking about their wings getting ruined in the long term..

Hi everyone,
last year I bought a cheap hive on ebay (got an entire new hive for 60£) but the queen excluder that was included is entirely made of wood. At first glance it doesn't look great as the wood is not perfectly smooth, could this be a problem? I'm thinking about their wings getting ruined in the long term..

Bet it came with illegal immigrants who slipped through the excluder.

I'm thinking about their wings getting ruined in the long term

that's not the problem, it's probably bamboo and will inevitably warp thus allowing the Q to get thru. They used to be on sale all over eBay.....I'm waiting for someone to advertise "hand knitted QEs

Well my SBI last week saw one of a member's hive and was ecstatic about how sustainable and how nice is was

it appeared to work ok, and no problems so far as i saw
And did C******* try scrubbing one repeatedly in washing soda?

Latest posts

Back