Women for Bees Initiative on World Bee Day

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got to admit that these days she looks disturbingly anorexic to me. When I saw the pictures of her visit to Ukraine on the news a while back I actually thought she must be ill.

James
She has had various preventative cancer treatments including a double mastectomy as she has certain genes that put her at a high risk of developing various cancers later in life.

Does this "Women for Bees Initiative" mean that she won't share any of her "bee knowledge" with me 'cos I'm a bloke?
A bit miffed!

It's not that I disagree with what Angolina Jolie can do to promote women in apiculture.
It's just that the women doing the work should be promoted as well.
Here's a young woman, 30 years old, been working bees for about 10 years. Commercially for 5.
She's been with French Hill Apiaries for 5 years and she and her partner are running some 300 colonies of their own.
She does all their cell building work, and much of mine. This is the kind of woman, working in apiculture, that should be highlighted.
When I began beekeeping 50 years ago, there were few women working in the industry. Look around now. Such a change for the better.

Bianca Braman

311240928_3150442275241901_7808097300933842252_n.jpg

Back