Winter Prep-Ventilation, Insulation & Insertion

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some people like blowing their own trumpet and over complicate things when bees have been overwintering fine by themselves for millions of years.
come on Finny I remember your post last year how to do it, you might as well post it again

come on Finny I remember your post last year how to do it, you might as well post it again

Come on Redwood. You are better in beekeeping than me out there. But what you are missing is winter. You have cold summer but warm winter.

Our summer is short, but only little snow.

And being on the cost, the sea warms the land in our so called winter.
I do take my hat off to those who do winter bees in such long cold winters and understand why poly hives are so widely used.

Hope this link works
Derek gets a good mention
http://www.beeculture.com/winter-management/

He is inaccurate in his understanding. He writes " Derek Mitchell went beyond simple R-value calculations and used his physics background to apply known thermal mass calculations to compare the heat transfer (loss) of a tree to that of man-made hives. " I didnt use thermal mass at at all. He's mixing up colony mass and lumped thermal conductance

Latest posts

Back