Wholesale packaging

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Popparand

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
I'm pitching for a small chain of outlets in the New year. I guess they will want jars in cardboard trays or similar to take 10/12 jars at a time. Any recommendations for suppliers of boxes etc or any other ideas? Thanks for reading and Happy Christmas to all and successful beekeeping for 2019... Let's make it a good'un.

I leave it up to the shop to display the goods, after all if they pay on delivery it is not then my problem as I no longer own the product. For transport the jars go back in the box's they come in for reason if I fetched all the box's back I would drown in cardboard as even though I buy jars by the pallet they are still boxed.

Have a chat with the outlet.
I take my 100 or so jars into the store in bags which they unload into their own cardboard boxes and give the bags back to me.
Honey jars in bags.jpg

Lidl is your friend again - the cardboard trays that the smaller, more expensive fruits and vegs come in are good - I go for the avocado boxes - get about 15 jars (12 oz)in the smaller ones and they stack.

The trays HM recommends are good (mushrooms usually?) but maybe a bit flexible when full of honey. I use them for other bits and bobs in the bee shed.

I'm rather impressed that you are considering supplying a small chain of outlets with two hives!
After harvesting from 6 hives I am likely to be devoid of honey within the next two months and I have only been supplying thee shops and my front door sales...... very impressive bees you have!!! 😀

I should have mentioned I make boxes to the desired size from those supplied with the jars and wrap with pallet wrap. Makes a neat secure delivery method.

Lidl is your friend again - the cardboard trays that the smaller, more expensive fruits and vegs come in are good

:iagree: the boxes that the snack size cucumbers, tomatoes etc. come in are good, takes about twenty 12oz jars and stack nicely. It aso means I don't have to lug a basket around or buy carrier bags/remember to bring my own. They would just go into the crusher otherwise so we're also recycling.
The larger boxes are also ideal for storing newly made up frames, the frames fit perfectly and each box holds 25 shallow frames

We used to supply our eggs in dozen boxes to our customers in Sainsburys bags for life (about 40 p each). the shop could unpack the eggs and then store the bag flat until the next delivery when we'd collect it. Would work for honey as well and save buying expensive packaging.

I leave it up to the shop to display the goods, after all if they pay on delivery it is not then my problem as I no longer own the product. For transport the jars go back in the box's they come in for reason if I fetched all the box's back I would drown in cardboard as even though I buy jars by the pallet they are still boxed.
:winner1st:
Best idea
ALSO we found that a small investment in a packing tape roll machine and a few reels of strong packing tape is a good idea... as the boxes Compaq use are a bit flimsey... and also they get the treatment of a Stanley knife to unpack and flat pack the cartons between the industrial dishwasher and bottling plant!

You can also get your own bespoke packaging tape.

Helps sales with a minimum order of box of 80 1/2 lb jars!!!

:calmdown:

now this is interesting - we still talking veg boxes here ?

got any pics ?

here you go - picture quality not fantastic lighting in the chamber of secrets at this time of night isn't that great

Attachments

• boxes3.jpg
    boxes3.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 71
  • boxes1.jpg
    boxes1.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 61
  • boxes2.jpg
    boxes2.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 62
Back