Which Honey Extractor - Abelo (Lyson) or Konigin?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use national but not all one design of frame. Most are Hoffman but some are Manley and some are plastic spacers.

Almost all of my super frames are straight side bars, I did however uncap Hoffman side bar frames as well, no problem. Like others have said here, its so fast, you have to wait for it to reach temperature but when I first used it I had such a grin on my face! Best money I spent in years. Un-capping was always a pain, I've tried them all, Heated electric knife, uncapping fork and Hot air gun, this is so much faster. I'd even say faster than the Konigin uncapping machine which a mate has.

Think I'm sold on this! Thank you all for the info, very grateful.

Think I'm sold on this! Thank you all for the info, very grateful.

For what it's worth I bought a load of hoffman converters from CWYNNEetc to convert all my SN1 super frames.
Now binned all my Manleys....

Guy,

The Simple Harmony Farms uncapper is $525 delivered to the UK but the inevitable UK Customs Duty, which looks like 2.5%, and VAT at 20%, brings it to £502.63 (if I've worked it out right). Last year I sent National frame dimensions to Deborah Gouedy at SHF and she gave that delivery price and confirmed that they can modify the machine accordingly.

This is part of Deborah's reply: We can modify the uncapper for the British National frame. It is made to fit right on top of the Mann Lake uncapping tank, but the unit is quite flexible. Indeed it must be securely strapped or bolted to the tank though. We use screws, but we have seen both straps and c-clamps used, as well as pretty ingenious braces.

SHF have an Australian but not a British agent; they're open to proposals.

Eric.

Latest posts

Back