Which gloves to buy?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Industrial Marigolds

If you buy from a farm supplier, a lot cheaper, but they will probably be black.

CREDIT to Pete (Hivemaker). turn them inside out to get the white surface, you'll get a lot less stings and the gloves still do the job.

A soak in soda solution still cleans them.

:thanks:Pete.

I use Tesco cheap washing up gloves 46p for two pairs. Not too thick but not too thin either.

I buy the blue plastic ones from maisemore or paines with cuffs. Never been stung through them, easy to wash after every use, last ages, can use with confidence, bit hot but there you go! The one place I hate getting stung is on my hands. Makes me jump! And I'm a woos! Work for me. Cost about £13 a pair and worth every penny. Not over thick so can still feel the frames and bees enough to avoid squashing them.
E

I buy the blue plastic ones from maisemore or paines with cuffs. Never been stung through them, easy to wash after every use, last ages
The barrier method recommended by FERA on the DASH course promotes disposable gloves so it might be a false economy buying gloves that you use for a long time. This is why I wear blue nitrile gloves

The barrier method recommended by FERA on the DASH course promotes disposable gloves so it might be a false economy buying gloves that you use for a long time. This is why I wear blue nitrile gloves
The good strong gloves i use can be washed easily all i do is leave them on and wash as you would washing your hand's then give them a good rinse and dry them..

Back