Which book next?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like these:

The Buzz about Bees by Jurgen Tautz
Better Beekeeping by Kim Flottum
Better Queens by Jay Smith
The Practical Beekeeper by Michael Bush
Swarming - Its control & Prevention by L.E.Snelgrove
Increase Essentials by Lawrence John Connor
Bee Sex Essentials by Lawrence John Connor
Beekeeping at Buckfast Abbey by Brother Adam
American Bee Journal - monthly subscription on kindle
Scientificbeekeeping.com by Randy Oliver (web site)
****************** by Pete Watt (web site - search for poly hive in g00gle)
THIS FORUM not worthy

If you are interested in bee behaviour - then Tom Seely's books are fascinating - Honybee Democracy and Wisdom of the HIve.

:iagree:

Also Mark Winston: The biology of the Honeybee.

And there is a new book on topbar beekeeping written by a real bee master: Les Crowder Topbar Beekeeping.
He is very clear, gives very detailed instructions, does not infer that tb beekeeping is particularly low-intervention.
In the words of Thomas Seeley: "this is an excellent guide for hobby beekeepers who wish to keep bees using topbar hives ..... provides an eloquent appeal for beekeepers to make care, respect, and reverence the
foundation of their relationship with bees"

I find the latter mentioned qualities in short supply in some other books. Seeley really put that well!

I would like to suggest Natural Beekeeping by Ross Conrad IBSN 975-1-60358-362-6 which is a good read and very interesting, its like a novel and very insightful. I also have enjoyed listening to podcasts whilst walking the dog several good ones BK Corner, SMOBK, Biobees (for Top Bar Hives) although several are US based you can always increase knowledge by spending a little time with the ear phones in.

Many thanks for all the replies :thanks:

Back