Where do you get your honey jars from?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

freethorpe bees

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Two - one fiesty, one lovely. ;0)
Hi All

The title is self explanatory!

I went to our beekeepers AGM yesterday and asked the chairperson if I could possibly be added to the bulk order for honey jars. If she had told me to eff off she couldn't have been less rude! So it looks like I will be ordering them just for myself and wondered where you people get them from.

Thanks.

FB

there are many many great and wonderfull firms in the uk and on here that will sort you out without the flea in ones ear, me personaly i brought my last two large loads, one from poland and one from france and organised a weekend away to collect them, what i saved i spent on cheese and fags

I get them from C Wynne Jones. Google them and they should come up, i tried to link to them but it was blocked. I use them for all my jars including jams and preserves. Cheapest and best quality I have found.

Last edited:
I got mine from C Wynne Jones. Probably not the cheapest but reasonable, and excellent service even for a few dozen jars.

Thanks all - I like the sound of the trip to France - maybe not fags but certainly copious amounts of wine and cheese!

you should have spoken to John, I get my jars from him!!

not sure if the WBG are doing a honey jar bulk order, I'll find out and let ya know, Janet

John Everitt? Didn't think of that - I was so p*ssed off at that pompous cow's reaction - not usually a sensitive soul but quite frankly it quite got my back up!

Thanks Tony - if you could let me know that would be great. And yes I am quite capable of "paying up front and collecting them immediately" GRRRRRRRR

I missed our bka's bulk order last year and got mine from C Wynne Jones for a very good price.

John Everitt? Didn't think of that - I was so p*ssed off at that pompous cow's reaction - not usually a sensitive soul but quite frankly it quite got my back up!

Thanks Tony - if you could let me know that would be great. And yes I am quite capable of "paying up front and collecting them immediately" GRRRRRRRR

Don't hold back!

Carriage is usually a killer when buying jars because of the weight.
If you are going to the Newport convention might be an idea to pre-order and collect.

Postage is only a killer if ordering small amounts. If you dont need the amount to get free postage then ask about there is always someone local looking for jars.

best uk prices

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Cazza. I've always found John really helpful. He's got me out of a couple of scrapes in the past!

Rawlings & Sons Bristol ltd, I had to buy a gross for cheep postage

I used to collect from this firm - bloody impossible to find, tucked behind a sommerfields, this country bumpkin got lost every time ! - but what with the increase in toll for vans on the bridge and rising diesel costs it became more economic to get the jars sent down by C Wynne Jones

I found others to be more expensive than were CWyne J who are very helpful and have lovely welsh accents too.

Latest posts

Back