Where do people on here get their weather from ( websites etc,etc)

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smudger55

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Just wondering where people get their weather predicted from as I have not come across any that are worth while

Just wondering where people get their weather predicted from as I have not come across any that are worth while

It took me ages to find a site which gave me what I wanted: sun vs. rain etc AND the wind strength and direction for several days - all on one page. Then I found: http://www.theweatheroutlook.com

Have a look - you'll need to enter your location. I tend to keep it on the '16-day setting', but only ever view 8 days (1 page) as I've found that forecasting ahead more than a few days is just so much guesswork.
LJ

Weather Underground - many farmers use it

Website is wunderground.com

Uses lots of aeronautical data and local weather stations. Most accurate I have used and has a handy 'app' for your phone too

I only get the weather no one else wants...cold winds, dull, rain....although that has been absent for a couple of weeks...so someone else must have nabbed it...lol

XCweather is as good as any. Don't expect much accuracy from any forecast more than 72hrs in advance.

I live near the Cardon Hill TV mast, the weather here in Pensilva is described so...

If you can see the mast, it's going to rain, if you can't see the mast, it's raining.

Here endeth the weather forecast

Recently darksky.net - most accurate I've found for my location

Weatherpro on my phone, very detailed and you can save lots of favourites so I have all the villages I have sites in, I can check all sites in a few seconds.

Weatherpro on my phone, very detailed and you can save lots of favourites so I have all the villages I have sites in, I can check all sites in a few seconds.

I like WeatherPro, too. Like you say Steve, very detailed, and I find very accurate. Part of my liking stems from the fact that I have done some work with the company who write this app (MeteoGroup), and they are a very serious and credible global forecasting outfit who make most of their money providing forecasting feeds to the shipping and energy industries.

I find this fairly accurate..

3442057248_dbaf4823a0_b_zpseo0nzljz.jpg

Latest posts

Back