Where can I get 20 lites buckets from ?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Willie Bee

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
I want a few 20 litre size buckets and remember seeing a post here somewhere advising where 2nd hand buckets were readily available.

They are not for honey, so used buckets would be OK

thank you for any advice given !

Try a local sandwich shop or delicatessen, they'll probably have mayonnaise buckets. Bakers that make cakes will probably have buckets that contained either toppings or fillings.

Do you have any old buildings being renovated locally?
Lime comes in plastic buckets @20l.

20 litres is quite big for a 'deli' container. And small for a manufacturer's quantity.

Paynes sell "30 lb" honey buckets, new with lid and handle, for under £2 each.
But that would be 10 litres capacity.

20 litres is quite big for a 'deli' container. And small for a manufacturer's quantity.

Paynes sell "30 lb" honey buckets, new with lid and handle, for under £2 each.
But that would be 10 litres capacity.

The Range sells 25 litre beer brewing buckets for about £8 each.

Bakeries do get the larger buckets,as I get them. Just right for fishing and putting my catch in them.

i got a few very big buckets from the local swimming pool,the Chlorine came in them and they are very strong indeed.

Darren

Is it ok to use buckets that have had chlorine in? I was advised not to even to use mayonnaise buckets.

Is it ok to use buckets that have had chlorine in? I was advised not to even to use mayonnaise buckets.
Chlorine/bleach might taint honey stored in such a bucket.
However, all that we know of the OP's intended use is "NOT for honey".
I've no idea whether any prior contents would interfere with his use, since we have no idea what he plans to do with them.

I want a few 20 litre size buckets and remember seeing a post here somewhere advising where 2nd hand buckets were readily available.

They are not for honey, so used buckets would be OK

thank you for any advice given !

Latest posts

Back