Where are the wasps?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
During my powerlifting days part of my breakfast involved munching through four slices of granary toast spread with marmite and topped with four poached eggs. mmmmm :)

You remind me of a "bizarre diets" story of my own. As a child I knew a couple (friends of my parents), one of whom was an Olympic 400m runner and the other a discus thrower. One was claimed to eat a pound of meat every day. I recall my dad telling me that the husband sometimes used to have a bowl of cornflakes for breakfast which sounded normal until it was revealed that the bowl came from a Kenwood mixer :D

James

Well pleased to see the garden with a lot of different Butterflies on the Budleia at last.
Asparagus, Lavender and Marjoram heaving with all varieties of pollinators.
All very late but better than never.

They can last the winter here, building huge nests. Spotted this one today.

Attachments

• IMG_2796.MOV
    13.3 MB
Local pesties report loads of wasp nest calls at the moment, I was watching at least two varieties of bumbles investigating the lavender at the front of the house which is just about blooming.

Interesting about the good year then bad year theory.

BTW, is anyone trying to get lavender honey from those beaut looking lavender farms in Hertfordshire and Norfolk?

Quite a few wasps flying around the hives attacking bees that are on the ground, could be drips of honey from removing the supers that has attracted them!!!

Latest posts

Back