Whats Going On Newbies.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:iagree:
I spend most evenings reading the threads, I love JBM tongue in cheek replies and also his serious ones.
I have only 1 hive & 1 nuc going into winter and hopefully with my mentors and all of you seasoned beekeepers advice, my bees stand every chance of overwintering.
Also I had 20lbs of honey from my girls last Sunday. I know its not alot to most of you but I'm thrilled. ::thanks:

From recent observations i have not seen many Beginner posts .
Are they to Frightened too post in case of ridicule. :rolleyes:

Not so much concerned about ridicule, but if you look most questions are already answered somewhere ;)

That said, I do have a question but I'm waiting for a video to upload...

Not so much concerned about ridicule, but if you look most questions are already answered somewhere ;)

That said, I do have a question but I'm waiting for a video to upload...

There are very few questions which have not been asked and answered tens of times already in the forum. The search button is a most valuable facility but sometimes it can be confused by the wording of the question.

Getting ready

From recent observations i have not seen many Beginner posts .
Are they to Frightened too post in case of ridicule. :rolleyes:

Having just joined the forum, and seen the above, I thought that I would post.

After many years of thinking about beekeeping, I am hoping to start a colony next year. I have joined my local Beekeeping society and am looking forward to attending my first meeting on the 5th December, after already meeting up with some of the members. I have been reading, in preparation for the event and seeing the above, thought that I would post in the hope of receiving some supportive comments and advice. No ridicule please!
Thank you.

No ridicule please!
Thank you.

Welcome.
You are going about it the right way. Get to some classes read up a bit and make friends at your beekeeping club. A mentor makes the whole thing so much easier and there are always folk in BKAs willing to help novices along.
There is a mine of information here too. Have a look at the sticky posts for a start and make use of the search button...though it's not the best search function available it's great for tangent surfing.
Good luck

I'm still learning and tweeting my beekeeping

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are all still learning.

I have to agree some of the FB stuff is scary to say the least. But there is no law against idiocy.

PH

I have been frightened off quite a few times from all you nasty people, :rolleyes:

THATS BECAUSE YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND THE IRONIC CELTIC HUMOR

:hairpull::hairpull::hairpull:CAPS LOCKED BECAUSE LITTLEST ONE HAS POURED VIMTO INTO KEYBOARD...ANY SUGGESTIONS:calmdown:

YEGHES DA

THATS BECAUSE YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND THE IRONIC CELTIC HUMOR

:hairpull::hairpull::hairpull:CAPS LOCKED BECAUSE LITTLEST ONE HAS POURED VIMTO INTO KEYBOARD...ANY SUGGESTIONS:calmdown:

YEGHES DA

If it is a separate keyboard and not a laptop you can pop the keys out and give it a clean, do them one at a time though as it is a nightmare remembering where they go if you do too many at once.

If it is a separate keyboard and not a laptop you can pop the keys out and give it a clean, do them one at a time though as it is a nightmare remembering where they go if you do too many at once.

I've done that. Take a photo with your phone, take all the keys off and wash them with the washing up (but not in a dishwasher)

Rinse keyboard in distilled water, then shake most of the water out and dry upside down in airing cupboard. Worked for me (although not Vimto but Tea accidently poured on it)

Latest posts

Back