What's flowering as forage in your area

• Thread starter Curly green fingers
  • Start date
Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lush new growth on the Cherry Laurel are producing nectar from the extra floral nectaries. Any one know how much nectar these actually produce?

Lots of nice khaki-green pollen....assumed hawthorn , which foams all along the the sides of the lanes around here.

-10c up in the central plateau this morning but foraging temperature lower down.

Attachments

• VID_20220524_130434617.mp4
    14.4 MB
Just driven through a thunder storm with very heavy rain and hail!
That won’t do the flowers much good. Here’s a pic of the hail on my cabbage patch net.
01DD513E-16D1-4DBE-B72A-A152A20DEEF4.jpeg

98E390AD-42C9-4F1C-8BD3-2F07D72A101B.jpeg
just added the last of my supers today harthorne and clover fields , nectar rich fields coming into bloom , need to make more boxes all drawn comb is out being used .
Using the two central doubles for grafting first cells went into mini Nucs a couple of days ago 8 out of 12 cells for my first and 6 out of 12 for the second . I’ve had to nuc 14 queens so far already.

Erigeron glaucus known locally as sea daisies and practically in everyone’s garden and all along the coast, coming into bloom now and will flower it’s socks off all summer.

6A1D5D7C-DCC0-42EC-86B9-F18D14B3D922.jpeg

View attachment 32085
just added the last of my supers today harthorne and clover fields , nectar rich fields coming into bloom , need to make more boxes all drawn comb is out being used .
Using the two central doubles for grafting first cells went into mini Nucs a couple of days ago 8 out of 12 cells for my first and 6 out of 12 for the second . I’ve had to nuc 14 queens so far already.
Good to see you back👍 Looks like you’ve been busy!

Saw one bramble flower, the rest have well developed buds, wonder if the predicted warm weekend here will be enough to see more start flowering, seems very early.

Australian cordyline - in bloom all down the street as pretty much everyone has one or two of these in their garden - amazing smell like a cross between vanilla and lilies - the bees are normally all over it but it's a bit too windy for them today.
3B03D42A-2B80-4283-BE21-065521F2AF2A.JPG

Australian cordyline - in bloom all down the street as pretty much everyone has one or two of these in their garden - amazing smell like a cross between vanilla and lilies - the bees are normally all over it but it's a bit too windy for them today.
View attachment 32117
Same here, cordylines in full bloom and too much wind, weekend looks better so the bees will be all over it.

Latest posts

Back