What pollen please?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Apologies - is the link not working?

i can see it but can't help you with the pollen identification.

Apologies - is the link not working?

yes link is working , think ITMA is saying it is not dandelion of gorse at this time not that the link is not working

yellow is diffulat pollen to identify as so many pollens are yellow

however i have dandelion coming in and the road verges are all yellow wth dandelion flowers and fields are full of OilSeed Rape, but we a warmer than some area

so tell us what is in flower in your area and we might

Dandelion, more orange in colour, gorse .. maybe but generally more russet. The yellower of the two looks a sort of mustard yellow, possibly Cherry blossom.

Top one looks like oilseed rape.

Rich

Not much, if any OSR in this area. Lots of gorse around, dandelions and cherry blossom. Lots of daffs around also?

My bees are bringing that exact stuff too. No osr around here but lots of gorse. My bees seem to have lots of yellow pollen down their backs, I can see some of that on the top bee in the photo.

mine are bringing back golden coloured pollen, biggest baskets i think i've seen... no idea what it is though but plenty of it.

Top bee could have been on the mimosa, there are several mimosa trees near me and bees are coming back very yellow sometimes

Latest posts

Back