What is your Honey yield on Rape

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have no honey in hives, but I have very good amount of brood, and seemengly good queens.

What hives lay now, those bees will be foragers after middle of July. It is rape time.

Raspberry yield may pass badly, because raspberry is very early now, and new bees will not be at the age of foraging. Wintered bees will be all dead when rasberry blooms.

But so far, spring has been splended.
Just now every place are full of blooming, but foragers are minimum level in hives. Masses of brood consume the crop. Temps are promised to be about 23C next week.

Last edited:
Raspberry yield may pass badly, because raspberry is very early now, and new bees will not be at the age of foraging. Wintered bees will be all dead when rasberry blooms.

Raspberry just in bud here, lots of them, that signals the start to moving the bees out to their summer apiaries next week.

You have lots of raspberries down there Hivemaker?

Raspberry just in bud here, lots of them, that signals the start to moving the bees out to their summer apiaries next week.

Rasberries have buds here too. Normally it starts blooming at last week of June.

And normally I have 2-3 blooming gap after dandelion, but seemengly not this year.

Last edited:
.summer rape blooms 6 weeks after sowing.
Normal seed yield is 1500 kg/ha. Some can get with good fertilizing 3000 kg/ha.

Blooming period is usually 5 weeks, counting different fields together. But then that weather thing rules, is it 2 or even zero weeks.

Last edited:
just wondering what people are getting as a yield per hive on OSR, i have average 35lbs per hive and for me in outer london the OSR flow is over

Down to two hives this year, 62 lbs from the pair, however thats only part of the story as one hive swarmed at least 4 times (poor weather and beekeeper) and produced just 8lbs, whereas the other did a very commendable 54 lbs. I've given them the week off as a thank you.

Latest posts

Back