What do you HATE about beekeeping?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
http://tinyurl.com/zk6l55z is what I use.

see http://tinyurl.com/zx4r9nc

Size it for nats..(I use Langs).

I use a Lidl gun at £9.99.. so far it's still working after 300 nails.

I like it ... I seem to spend as much time making things to make things as I do making things .... if you see what I mean ?

My local Lidl appears to have sold out of the £9.99 but there's one advertised at £16.99 ?

Last summer I hated that the limes were heavy with flowers but the temperature around here never rose above 18c those three weeks so no nectar produced. How long before we have such full blossom on them again?

The one thing I hate and its a bit side ways to bee keeping, is our council selling off sections of green belt land to housing and land that once was food crops or OSR is now nothing but grass all being grown for peoples new lawns.
allotments have waiting lists a mile long and farmers who just wont talk to you or see realy big ££££ when you ask about that corner of a field they never use and has been overgrown for a decade. they are bee hives not b***y bank vaults
I hate the sections of government who go on and on about our low bee population and how it is going to effect crops along with the decline of bee farmers
and what do they do ? next to nothing and open up more to importing

:ohthedrama:

If one plans to enter honey shows, it may be helpful to realise that in classes involving frames of honey, penalties may be incurred if staples and not gimp pins are used.

There you go... what I hate.. the pomposity of some of those so called judges ...beekeepers??? who seem to populate honey shows!

:hairpull:

Nos da

There you go... what I hate.. the pomposity of some of those so called judges ...beekeepers??? who seem to populate honey shows!

:hairpull:

Nos da

The ones I have in mind are not in any way pompous, but have long been very able beekeepers, are well qualified and have a track record of repeated success at major shows. The Hamlin cup will often have graced their sideboard.
But do have pity for the pompous supplier who was foolish enough to assume he could mislead one or more of them.

Finally getting a lovely new bee suit and then having my bees die over the winter and not being able to buy a nuc as I don't know anyone who has one for sale!!!

AFAIk Lime flowers every year, but, it needs "wet feet" to produce. As in it needs both a wet winter the wet feet, and decent temps to produce.

When it does though be prepared.... it can be profuse. VERY! I had 220 lbs of comb from one colony alone.

PH

Back