What do you HATE about beekeeping?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know they're looked down on but, the boxes from Mann Lake are really cheap.

Buy a nail gun. And make up a frame jig to hold 8-10 frames.

Speeds up assembly by a a factor of 5-10.

I was so close to buying a nail gun yesterday!

can you recommend one?

Also, how do you go about building this jig?

If one plans to enter honey shows, it may be helpful to realise that in classes involving frames of honey, penalties may be incurred if staples and not gimp pins are used.

Yes, but your excuse is that it's all for the association ;)
I had to explain more poly boxes to Stan!

fortunately - she'd been out 'for a few drinks' with her colleagues in Cardiff Friday evening and must have had (in her words) 'a bad prawn' in her dinner so even if Big T's had dropped all the kit off outside from their lorry accompanied by Amanford Silver Band I doubt she'd have noticed :D

I hate cleaning equipment, making new frames feels like a treat compared to clean-up. Oh, and the endless rain we seem to get. At the moment it is cold and wet so can't do anything with the bees, very frustrating because I know there are loads of frames to be replaced.

Last edited:
JBM....I doubt she'd have noticed ...
Ha ha....you are so gullible.....she will have noted every box,nail,frame,foundation and any other bee related equipment.....on her trips to the loo. I expect plans are afoot for a foray to the shops already.
And....The thing I dislike most about beekeeping is the awful weather dependency.

One major flaw I can see with that is that you nail down through tghe top bar into the side bar.

Once assembled without nails, I take them out of the frame - and nail them correctly/ properly...

Latest posts

Back