What did you do in the 'workshop' today

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can we see photos of hive barrow please

Hubby says he will build me one ( not sure if its before or after the beevac, mating hives, nucs etc ...)

Thanks

Thanks redwood

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Completed two supers, whilst the weather has turned, and we've got rain, after two weeks of dry and sunshine. Checking my stocks, I've got a roof to complete, and two more supers. Th*rns don't start a sale at rand, until Oct!

Did a combine yesterday and had to take two supers off temporarily. Did a little comb tidying and box repair before they go back on.
THEN......broody hatched her eggs then proceeded to murder her chicks so got husband to knock up a broody pen while I went to farm shop to spend a fortune on infrared lamp!!
2 cheeping chicks in the porch and "mother" returned to her mates who are beating her up....

Work in progress ,
Swarm box courtesy of Dave Cushman r.i.p..

6yzene8e.jpg

vesyjyhe.jpg

9a6y9eje.jpg

yzu6y6yq.jpg
ne8aza6a.jpg

ydarusys.jpg

Material out of a skip ,it's a bit heavy but what do you want for free? :)
Lid is designed along with doweling ,to prevent frames from swinging in transit.
Frame size is 14x12 , forget the nonstandard spacing ,it isn't meant for occupation .
VM

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well, it was last night mostly - put together some more supers,frames with foundation and one more brood box just in case - knocked up another hive stand for the new out apiary

aby9apyb.jpg

e4ubudud.jpg

y2y5adav.jpg

y4yseveq.jpg

Finished .

Now ,do I knock together the alternative lid for Queen rearing or make an adaptor with the same end ?
Decisions ,decisions :)
VM

Dave Cushman told me that a 32mm hole was the optimum size for a rhombus escape board, seems to work fine

Made a double TBH mating nuc... from scratch including plans (on A4 sheet).

Total cost before painting £0..using surplus/scrap material.

32 mil isn't the problem but the depth /clearance on rhombus side of board may be slightly less than optimum .
VM

[/IMG]

Finished .

Now ,do I knock together the alternative lid for Queen rearing or make an adaptor with the same end ?
Decisions ,decisions :)
VM

You definitely get the weeks prize for the most creative use of skip dived materials .... brilliant job ... I think you found my 1960's cocktail cabinet ?

Dave Cushman told me that a 32mm hole was the optimum size for a rhombus escape board, seems to work fine

I use a 45mm hole, again works fine for me

32 mil isn't the problem but the depth /clearance on rhombus side of board may be slightly less than optimum .
VM

I've used 19mm up until now with no problems - my new ones are slightly deeper at 27mm (ish) driven by the dimensions of the single bed slats I was recycling (one slat ripped in half makes four side rims of a rhombus board almost exactly)

I use a 45mm hole, again works fine for me

I've used 19mm up until now with no problems - my new ones are slightly deeper at 27mm (ish) driven by the dimensions of the single bed slats I was recycling (one slat ripped in half makes four side rims of a rhombus board almost exactly)

Over the last couple of days Dave Cushmans site seems to have been erased from the face of the earth?
Anyone else found this?
VM

Made up a warming cabinet. Previous one was just a bodge . Used defunct fridge. Stripped out the works. Installed STC 1000 and tubular heater. Thanks to this forum and home brewers. Really enjoyed doing it. Glad I did it right. Just "melted" my first two buckets(for creaming) . Pleasure to use ( no more constant checking). Not difficult, once I got my head round the wiring of STC.

http://www.beekeepingforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=30475

Unlike you to miss something on the Forum, VM.

Dusty

Hi Dusty,
How's tricks?
Yep I took my eye off the ball.
I did notice friend Patterson had altered the text on some of the pages then footed the page with his name .
I tried the BBKA website , it's even more dire than I remember and practically unnavigable .
Seems the trading arm of the BBKA has taken precedence on there.
VM

Roger is at a loss as to what's happened to Dave Cushman site .
Still, Roger is to information technology as Blaster Bates is to watchmaking .:)
VM

Latest posts

Back