What did you do in the 'workshop' today

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Used the last of my green gloss so had to start on the next tin that I had aquired for free Dolphin blue, Looks ok on the poly nuc ekes.

makes a change to have a different colour in the bee shed...

I spent Monday making a Morris board from some ply. I was really pleased with the result but need to make some slider frames for the metal slides to ensure they are tight over the excluder when required

Made 2 hive stands from some scrap 3x2 they are big enough to take 3 hives each, getting most things I need ready for expansion,
Hoping for a good year....:sunning:

Made some mating nucs, how all is going I believe I will need them badly.. Now should only paint them..

My 'made from pallets bee-shed' is nearly complete. Put some windows in today, wasn't too difficult, with a little help from a cordless jigsaw. Just need to make up a door, put on the roofing felt and then paint it.

My 'made from pallets bee-shed' is nearly complete. Put some windows in today, wasn't too difficult, with a little help from a cordless jigsaw. Just need to make up a door, put on the roofing felt and then paint it.
Pics please

Here is my winter project, nearly finished at last. The walls were made with four 8' x 6' pallets, roof sheathed with OSB found in a skip, the floor made up with dismantled pallets raised up on paving slabs. I bought the wood for the rafters and of course the roofing felt, but all in all it is a lot cheaper and more satisfying than buying a ready-made shed.

Thanks Bearbees! I had a bit of luck with the large pallets turning up, I just propped them up on the edge of the floor, put in four stout posts inserted into meta post spikes driven into the ground, attached the pallets and for added stability bracketed them together inside. There is loads on the internet, google 'pallet sheds', and for the rafters/roof, www.blocklayer.com was invaluable.

Thanks, Pargyle, it does feel solid, and once the wood has had a couple of coats of paint, and the roof felted, I'm hoping it will see me out!

Very good Suzi Q, makes my pallet shed at the allotment look sub-standard.

:winner1st:

Removed the feeders out of 2 pay*** poly nucs and filled in the various gaps with the off-cut.

Amateur work with small hand saw: piece by piece and made somehow and hopefully use it this season..
mnuc4

Dismantled and e-nailed a pile of pallets in preparation for building a couple of top bar hives :willy_nilly: tomorrow.
fear not, I haven't taken leave of my senses, still shower daily and my feet are safely enclosed in a pair of close-toed boots.Normal service will be resumed on me setting foot back in dear old blighty (it's for charity you know!)

Latest posts

Back