What did you do in the 'workshop' today

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
never give it a thought to leave it on .could try some with and some with out .see how it gos..thanks...

dont see this often by me so asked and got enough for about 5 hives and a few nucs..just got to take the plaster board of some of it ..
I would not bother taking the plasterboard off ... you will need to seal the cut edges with aluminium foil tape so buy the 100mm wide one from Toolstation and cover the plasterboard surface as well... it will waterproof it and hold it all together. Lot easier than trying to take it off ...

https://www.toolstation.com/aluminium-foil-tape/p53122

Wonderful, gives a whole new meaning to the old "honey wagons" of the the past. How much do those timbers weigh?
Not as much as it looks. It's mostly cedar beams I was given from a friend's gardening project, which are lightweight. The rest is pallet timber. I'd say 60% of the weight is the wood, the rest is the wheels.
Riding with no load on the back, at normal speed, you barely notice the trailer is there.

Knocked together a jig to mill the taper in side bars. Volume warning. table saw and dust collector running sorry. The dado blade is whats making that whining sound.
View attachment 39258
A very good way of doing it providing you got the dado blade! I make all my frames and made a jig to scallop that part out on my router table.

A very good way of doing it providing you got the dado blade! I make all my frames and made a jig to scallop that part out on my router table.
I did that with a router at first but its so loud and messy where this is much nicer and the waste is contained.

Threw together a heap of 2seconds SN4s, and wired them up.

I know they're seconds, but the difference in quality/workmanship was huge between the two suppliers I'd used- really quite surprising.

Latest posts

Back